Missouri-St Louis

Free trash your dress session

My Photographer sent this email out and I'm not interested in participating since 1) it will be freezing out when we get married and 2) I plan on storing my dress but i wanted to send it just in case anyone on here is interested or knows someone. I've seen photos like this, and they look really neat. Not sure how popular it is?  Chance for free photos though! Here is her email: I am needing a Bride and Groom that is interested in a Trash your Dress session. The couple chosen for this session must be very photogenic and comfortable in front of the camera. You will receive a FREE shoot (approx 2 hours ) and DVD with copyright release. This is a $250.00 value. These photos will be used as samples to show potential wedding clients so it is important that the couple is photogenic. If you are interested or know someone that fits this description, please respond to this email. The shoot will be taking place in St Louis. A couple will be chosen within the next 2 weeks. **Trash your Dress is basically a shoot done after the wedding in which you are ok with your dress getting dirty, wet...or whatever it takes to capture some great images***. If you are planning on keeping your dress in the shape it is in now, this shoot is not for you. Thanks!Gina i Kandi Photography LLC.www.ikandiphotography.com

Re: Free trash your dress session

• edited December 2011
    Why would you want to "trash" your dress?!  I know it was a craze a few years ago but didn't understand it then and still don't.
  • shawna77inilshawna77inil member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I never understood this one either.  I am actually planning on reselling my dress.  I thought about having it preserved, but then it just sits in a box in my closet and never gets enjoyed again.  I figure by selling it, someone else can get enjoyment out of it, they can get a gorgeous dress at a discounted rate and I end up recouping some of the money that we spent on our wedding.  If I trash it, all I get are some pictures!  LoL 
  • JeannieJ70JeannieJ70 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dennis & I are having two weddings so... I would love this... we already had the first one, I ave a new dress..... you can contact me at 314-691-5251... I can send you pics Jeannie
  • edited December 2011
    Some people don't want to store a dress that will take up a lot of space and they will never use again and probably never even look at.  If you could get some amazing photos out of it, I think it is a cool idea.
  • edited December 2011
    Jeannie, You may want to contact them. I sent her an email but just in case. You can email Gina at www.ikandiphotography.com . I'll try to get a hold of her also and give her your number
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards