Michigan-Grand Rapids
Options

Vendor Reviews 8.22.09

Ceremony Site: Frederik Meijer Gardens-A Our ceremony was perfect and it was in large part due to the professionalism and organization at FMG. The staff was all very friendly and knowledgable and we as well as our guests were very impressed. Not to mention it was the perfect backdrop for our photos! Reception Site: Crowne Plaza- A Crowne Plaza does these types of events all the time and now I know why. They did a great job with everything, although my only complaint is that there are a lot of ppl involved in the process so sometimes things get lost in translation. Guests kept commenting on how wonderful the food was as well as the service, from keeping the appetizers full and hot to the bartending, everyone was very impressed. Our banquet manager for the evening was also wonderful and she never missed a beat. Wedding Planning: Mary Brown, Lucky Girl Weddings- A I booked Mary when she first started her own planning business and got the opportunity to see her first at my cousin's wedding. Mary is very calm and willing to do whatever you need her to do. I didn't interact with her much on the wedding day but she was busy doing all that I asked. She did a great job! Photography: Judy K. Gilde Photography, McBain, MI- A ++++ Judy and Kelly are amazing! So professional and they get the best shots! They were both so much fun and everyone was very comfortable. We had them for 12 hours and we are confident they captured our wedding day in the most perfect way. Cake: Pam Pluger, Special Occasion Cakes by Pam, McBain, MI- A Pam drove our cake 1.5 hours and it was exactly what we wanted! She does great work and it also tasted so good! Chair Covers/ Head Table backdrop: Celebration Central, GR- A Carol does a wonderful job!! Our chaircovers and head table backdrop looked so amazing and she is such a sweet lady to work with. They set up and came back that evening to take down. I am glad I spent the extra money on this! Flowers: Melissa Walker-Brown, Tie the Knot Bouquet, McBain, MI- A Melissa did a perfect job on our flowers. They were exactly what we wanted and our guests could not stop talking about them! She also provided the arch and columns for our ceremony site. Everything was exactly how we imagined! DJ: Chris Hudson, Complete Music- A Chris and everyone at complete music is very professional. From the moment we walked into the reception everything was taken care of and they attended to our every need. Most importantly, our dance floor was full all night and they did a lot of little extras to make our night special. Transportation: GR Trolley- A This was the vendor I was most worried about but it turned out great! The trolley was so much fun and they were there to cater to us! Our wedding party is still talking about it! Favors: Cookies by Design, GR- A Jen Kok did a great job with our cookie favors and our guests were trying to snag the extras from other tables, they were so good! Make up: Mary Leslie, The Leslie Studio, GR- A Mary does a wonderful job! From my make up trial to the big day I felt so comfortable with her. She does beautiful work and all of our make up stayed on all day! She is a true professional and has a passion for make up and I would recommend her to anyone! Those were the main vendors, but everyone was great! Our day was absolutely perfect and I would recommend ANY of them to anyone! Msg me if you have anymore specific questions!

Re: Vendor Reviews 8.22.09

• Options
    sam09sam09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So glad everything went so well! Thanks for the reviews!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am thinking about going with Frederik Meijer for our ceremony.  Where did you have yours - on the grounds or in one of the rooms?  Also, I read in their paperwork that you have to get liability insurance - did you have to do that and if so, where did you get it from and what was the ballpark cost?Thanks,Marie
  • Options
    erikagdamhoferikagdamhof member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Marie- We did ours inside in the Grand Orchid Ballroom-- still has a beautiful view and was the only indoor space that would hold our 200 guests. We just did the event insurance through them (it is required) and it was roughly $100... from what I found that is about the average price. They were really great for our ceremony! The coordinators are so organized and our guests loved getting to see the gardens before and after the ceremony. email me at erikad0117(at) hotmail (dot) com if you would like pictures of our ceremony set up. and let me know if you have any more questions.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards