Texas-Houston

Must Visit Affordable Dress Shops

Hi Houston knotties. I'm coming down to Houston in March to wedding dress shop with my family (where I'm from although I'm now living in Pittsburgh). I'll only be in town for a week and a half so I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for MUST visit wedding dress shops that are on the less expensive side. I'm particularly intrigued by places like Marry Go Round, but would love other suggestions as I'm trying to get a list ready and make appointments.

Thanks in advance!
Married since May 12, 2012

Re: Must Visit Affordable Dress Shops

• edited December 2011
    I got my dress from Venturas Bridal. There are lots of negative reviews online, however I bought my dress there, and had a fantastic experience. Good Luck!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I did not find my dress at Ventura, but for selection and pricing- Ventura is the place. 
    ~~~grammatically incorrect~~~
  • lec008lec008 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought my dress from Marry Go Round and I can't say enough nice things about them.  I got a $2,000 dress for $450, still new with tags!  The shop is so cute and the owner really sweet.  We were the only ones there and my appointment drug on for almost two hours because I couldn't make up my mind!  I absolutely recommend it.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • MissAngelMissAngel member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know other brides have used Weddings by Debbie and Brickhouse Bridal with good luck.
  • edited December 2011
    I think Weddings by Debbie is on the more expensive side.

I got my dress at Ventura's, and I have absolutely no complaints! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies. It's hard planning from so far away so I really appreciate it! If anyone needs any Pittsburgh advice ever, I can help. ;)
    Married since May 12, 2012
  • jnwilson11jnwilson11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Winnie Couture! A lot of options for under 2 k. plus I was able to get the dress custom fit, to minimize alteration issues later.
  • edited December 2011
    I live in Austin and had exhausted every option her so I relied on the Houston Knotties for suggestions and went to Princess Bridal in Spring, even though the name made me picture the worst. Lots of great dresses between 2 and 3K and the attendant was AHHHHMAZING!!! The Owner was a bit pushy but I was the only one in the store that day so it might have just been a lot of focus. Loved the whole experience, my dress is coming in faster than we expected and I would highly recommend them!
  • edited December 2011
    Weddinddressonline and Amy lee Bridal
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards