California-Los Angeles
Options

Meeting with Reene...

Good Morning ladies,I just wanted to share my experience with Reene. I finally made it for alterations with Reene this past Saturday, she is so cute and so helpful to give ideas. She will be hemming the dress, letting it out a bit on the sides, adding some beading and doing the french bustle, oh yeah and also sowing in the pads. She gave me a great price, less than $400! I'm so happy and can't wait to see it again. Reene also asked me to take my jewelry and veil on my next appt (November), now my veil is being made by Candi and she had told me she didn't want to make the veil until december because she didnt want me to have to early hanging in my closet and loose its volume...I don't know if I should tell Candi to go ahead and have it done by November or hold on. Any suggestions? TIA

Re: Meeting with Reene...

• Options
    Khimes7Khimes7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad you had such a great experience with Renee! I'm going for my first fitting with her on Saturday. As for the veil, I don't think it will be a big deal if you don't have it for the next fitting. I think she just wants to see how everything looks together, it's not going to mess up the whole fitting process if you don't have it on! :)  
  • Options
    malibu09bridemalibu09bride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto PP. It would be nice to have the veil, but totally not necessary. I worked with both Candi and Reene, and I loved them both. They totally know their stuff :-)
  • Options
    nikojammnikojamm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay!  I had my first fitting with Renee on Fri and was also very happy about her and her prices/work.  She had me bring everything as well, and in the end she said it was just for me to see how it all went together.  So I also agree with pp that you don't need it.  Plus, she has veils there if you wanted to get an idea of overall look.Take care!
  • Options
    nyc_sunshinenyc_sunshine member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love Reene!  Going to see her tomorrow for my final fitting.  Yay!  I originally got her info from the board too.  I told her she was a big hit with us LA knotties.  She's asked about some of you but I told we all go by our knottie names.  Funny because she tells everyone about me....I'm Annie, the girl that took a chance on an ebay dress and brought it to her.  She basically told me it was crap.  Long story short I got another dress and bonded with her since.  Btw - Vans, Reene also makes veils too.
  • Options
    nikojammnikojamm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ohhhhhhhh, nyc, yes, she did mention you, but as you said we go by knottie names and didn't know who you were!  Yea, she said she's going to go out of business after you get married, but I told her lots of gals rec her  and she is a household name here so she should have no prob!  ha ha!  Funny!
  • Options
    Vans18Vans18 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    NYC- yes, she also mentioned you to me...she said, when you get married she will have no business! haha and I did see her veils, but I think I'm set with Candi. =)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    She sounds like the Guardian Angel of Wedding Gowns. How do I look her up? I googled "Renee wedding dress alterations los angeles" and found references to one Renee from some place called Stitches. Is this the same Renee?
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    phiaska - yep that would be the same Reene.  Here's her info:Reene In Stitches (818)222-4434 I just saw her today, she taking apart my MOH's dress to accomodate her now 6 mos pregnant belly.  Love Reene!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Do you think it would be worthwhile to actually meet with her BEFORE getting a dress and have her recommend styles that would work well? She seems to be some kind of genius!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree that Reene is a genius when it comes to bridal alterations but I do not believe she a fashion consultant.  That's where your friends/bridesmaids/family comes in.  I also believe more than anything, style is personal and preference.  Goodluck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards