Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

OL Tuesday

Dear 2011,
I can't believe that you're nearly over- so much has happened this year.

Dear 2012,
I can't wait for you to get here so I can marry my best friend!

Dear Court,
So proud of you!

Dear New Years Resolutions,
I fully intend to stick with you this year :)

**Planning Bio** UPDATED! 4/9/12 Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: OL Tuesday

• Options
    Dear wedding photos,
    There sure are a lot of you.

Dear motivation,
    Please stick around.  I have a lot more to accomplish this week.
    Anniversary

• Options
    Dear Kristan, 
    I gave up on New Years resolutions a long time ago. They never work out for me. 

Dear FI, 
    I do not appriciate you going out of town on such short notice. Espically when tomorrow is your morning for doggy-duty. Bah. 

• Options
    Amanda-
    YAY wedding photos :)

Motivation-
    Ditto!

Kathleen-
    I haven't done them for a few years, but these are a few goals that I've gotta get working on in order to function next year (better budgeting, finding a full time job, saving for Jeremy's wedding band... lol)

Work-
    You are boring. I do not like you today.

**Planning Bio** UPDATED! 4/9/12 Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Kristan-
    It's probably because mine are all "be a nicer person" and that never works out. Laughing

I'm bored today. 
    I want a nap and to go home and cuddle with my dog. 

Dear House people, 
    Hurry please! I'm almost dying over here.
  • Options
    Kathleen-
    HAHA! A couple of mine are like that- but it's more "Stop letting other people's actions drive me crazy give me an excuse to be a grouch"

HOUSE?!?! I want details!!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_ol-tuesday-116?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:9c90a731-99e9-4380-abce-c9b54c16e5c0Post:63a0f201-7bcc-498d-8366-31e63c0f4967">Re: OL Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kathleen- HAHA! A couple of mine are like that- but it's more "Stop letting other people's actions drive me crazy give me an excuse to be a grouch" <strong>HOUSE?!?! I want details!!</strong>
    Posted by kristan1022[/QUOTE]
    Except that now I have the sads because I just found out how much the monthly payment is going to be. While it's just a guesstimate because nothing is final. It's ALOT higher than I thought.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_ol-tuesday-116?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:9c90a731-99e9-4380-abce-c9b54c16e5c0Post:9ddfb49a-1d83-48e1-9bdf-9eeadcac3b0a">Re: OL Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: OL Tuesday : Except that now I have the sads because I <strong>just found out how much the monthly payment is going to be</strong>. While it's just a guesstimate because nothing is final. It's ALOT higher than I thought.
    Posted by crash2729[/QUOTE]

<div>Does it still work with y'alls budget? Are there any other areas you can trim back to make that payment? I know how badly you want a house :)</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_ol-tuesday-116?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:9c90a731-99e9-4380-abce-c9b54c16e5c0Post:77de18fa-1fa5-43f7-9de8-3889d260670f">Re: OL Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: OL Tuesday : Does it still work with y'alls budget? Are there an<strong>y other areas you can trim back to make that payment?</strong> I know how badly you want a house :)
    Posted by kristan1022[/QUOTE]

<div>Well, The guesstimate is high and not with a for sure interest rate. Plus, he figured it on a price higher than we offered.
    Once I divided it by 2 (What I would be paying) I breathed better. </div><div>
    </div><div>But we can put more money down. What is required is less than 1/2 of what I have SO I'll probably just put more down.</div>
  • Options
    Kathleen-

Keep in mind that covers all your property taxes, insurance, etc. I had a little sticker shock at first with ours (almost double my rent), but now I am paying an extra $150/month into our principal.

Dear Honeymoon-

I am excited that we have finally started solidifying plans for you. Hotels have been booked, now we jusst need to worry about flight, rental car and our tour plans for each day.
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • Options
    crash2729crash2729 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_ol-tuesday-116?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:9c90a731-99e9-4380-abce-c9b54c16e5c0Post:fdfbeca8-964b-48ae-92a5-92948c385d17">Re: OL Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Kathleen- Keep in mind that covers all your property taxes, insurance, etc. I had a little sticker shock at first with ours (almost double my rent), but now I am paying an extra $150/month into our principal.</strong> Dear Honeymoon- I am excited that we have finally started solidifying plans for you. Hotels have been booked, now we jusst need to worry about flight, rental car and our tour plans for each day.
    Posted by FebDallasBride[/QUOTE]

<div>Wendi-
    I was hoping you would come! 
    I'm a little confused about the insurance that is NOT homeowners insurance, Right?</div><div>The sticker shock is starting to wear off because in all reality it's not that much more than our rent right now. I'm hoping it may come down some still.
    </div><div>
    </div><div>ETA:Kristan-I'm going to try to send you a link on FB. At the very least I'll message you the address so you can look at it.</div>
  • Options
    YAY links!! :D
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_ol-tuesday-116?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:9c90a731-99e9-4380-abce-c9b54c16e5c0Post:1a82cafb-f681-4c5b-a795-88a66d7b24ce">Re: OL Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: OL Tuesday : Wendi- I was hoping you would come!  I'm a little confused about the insurance that is NOT homeowners insurance, Right?

The insurance in your monthly quote should be your homeowners. My mortgage company left it to me to secure the insurance provider, but they handle the payments for me. My monthly payments break down to:
    Princpal
    Interest
    Insurance (homeowners)
    Escrow (what they collect to put towards annual property taxes)

Who are you going through for your mortgage? The company I used works closely with firsttime homebuyers and spent a good hour explaining the breakdown to me.
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
  • Options
    Can I just share that even though I have not met some of the groomsmen in our wedding, I think they are super whiny. One doesn't want to wear the wedding suit (even without the jacket) a second past the ceremony and is trying to sweet talk FI into letting him change into his rancher clothes, complete with a cowboy hat.

Uh no.
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
  • Options
    That makes more sense. 
    We have PMI as well as the homeowners. I got a little confused as to why there were two insurances. I talked to the mortgage guy and he explained it better. He also said I could probably get a better rate than he has estimated for that. 

We're going through ReadyLending. They're a sister company to our Real Estate people. 

• Options
    Dear Courtney #1,
    CONGRATS!! I can't wait to pick up the new issue :)

--non-famous Court
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_ol-tuesday-116?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:9c90a731-99e9-4380-abce-c9b54c16e5c0Post:bef03d04-21b9-465c-80df-5c6e34d6cffd">Re: OL Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]That makes more sense.  We have PMI as well as the homeowners. I got a little confused as to why there were two insurances. I talked to the mortgage guy and he explained it better. He also said I could probably get a better rate than he has estimated for that.  We're going through ReadyLending. They're a sister company to our Real Estate people. 

<div>PMI is basically insurance for the mortgage company in case you don't pay your mortgage. They tack that on to 'risky' buyers, like first timers, if you pick the lowest down payment possible, etc. It's a huge pain in the butt and increases your end cost by a lot, since you have to pay it for the full term of your loan.</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards