Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

DOES ANYONE HAVE PIC IN CASABLANCA 1914?

Hi Ladies!So after trying on what seems to be 100 dresses I have decided to go with casablanca 1914. I was searching online for real brides in the dress and didn't have any luck. Could you please send me your pics if you have any? Thank you ... it would make me feel a lot better...:)

Re: DOES ANYONE HAVE PIC IN CASABLANCA 1914?

• Options
    thats my dress and we're date twins!! I have a pic of me in it in my bio!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Jenna.. I'm so excited that I now have a date AND dress twin!!! You look amazing in the dress... what are you going to do for accessories? Im thinking of adding a spanish flare to it by adding a flower in the hair with a traditional spanish veil. How is your planning coming a long?
  • Options
    That is my dress too!!!!  Too funny I am never on here and when I come on 2 people with my dress YAY.  I don't have pics of me in it up as I don't want FI to see, but come Nov 22 I will!!!!  =) 
  • Options
    Quick question ladies, what color did you order it in? I was thinking of getting the ivory but my mom would flip... she wants me to wear white white. By any chance did you try on the dress in white or ivory?
  • Options
    OMG! that is my dress and we are date twins, too! the picture on the website just doesn't do it justice!
  • Options
    oh, p.s. i tried on the dress in ivory. the sales lady told me that ordering it in white would take away from the antiquey feel of the dress. my mom didn't want me to order it in ivory either, but i talked her into it :)
  • Options
    Yes I got the ivory too.  But it almost looks like an off white more than an ivory.  I agree it would lose the antique-y feel.  I am not wearing a necklace since the neckline is already so embellished.  My fingertip length veil has swarovski crystals all along the edges.  I am wearing my hair 1/2 up 1/2 down.  Not sure what do for earings yet hmm.Does anyone else have photos they would like to post of this dress?  I have only seen 1 bride wearing it.  And it is so true the website does not even come close to doing it justice!
  • Options
    Hey girls!!I've been searching and searching for brides in this dress as well. I got those crazy butterfly feelings when I tried this dress on (both times the first day) but then I brought my family with me the second trip and they put it in 2nd place! I'm so confused now :( I wanted that wow factor from them but oh well. I'll go again this week by myself/with my mom to figure it out.OH, and just by mistake, I found this yesterday on brides.com. They recommend this dress by their editors but the style number doesn't come up in the search results because it isn't in the short article:http://www.brides.com/fashion/dresses/gallery/wedding_dresses/editorspick/designer/casablancabridal/detail/194165?offset=1
  • Options
    sorry I haven't been on in a while...I'm not sure about the accessories but I got my dress in white! I love it so much!!!
  • Options
    oh and the planning is going slowly but surely!! I'm ready to be done with it all!
  • Options
    Thank you thank you thank you for sharing the post from brides.com, pictures just don't do the dress justice. I love the idea of a veil with rinestones on it!!! It would go perfectly. I have also decided to just go with the ivory dress, i really like the antiqueness of it even though I know I'll never hear the end of it from my mother. Correct me if i'm wrong but I think that you cant really tell the difference all that much. I am going to try on the dress again so I will post some pictures of myself in it as soon as I get the chance! Date twins, keep the planning going and lets all rock this dress, it deserves to be seen!!! :)
  • Options
    No problem :) I'm glad I could help! I was so excited when I came across that picture because I had been searching for a long time for anyone in the dress! I'm pretty sure I'm going to get it too (I believe in Ivory). I tried on a matching veil with it -- the same lace with matching crystals. It was so pretty!! Very elegant and it was overpowering or anything. Good luck and I'll keep you updated and I hope you do the same!
  • Options
    I completely forgot!! I'm so so sorry :) I had a few pictures taken of me in the dress last week but my sister failed to get one large full view picture. It still just so beautiful in person, even these pics do not do it justice! I do not have it on in these pictures, but if I do decide on this dress I will be wearing a little bit of a slip to showoff the details more at the bottom and to just add a little something extra. Take care!
  • Options
    Awww, thank you SO much!!! I really appreciate it!! :) I was looking at lariat's online with a little crystal on the ends of each chain and that would be pretty! I do believe that jewelry could be tricky with this dress for some reason because you don't want to take away from the dress but my mom is very good with accessory styling so I hope she'll help me.I also hope my photography can do the dress justice too! I was honestly thinking about writing Casablanca to tell them to get better photos lol! We're going to have crystals hanging from the centerpieces and I've always been obsessed with crystals so this dress is just perfect for the wedding.I'm so glad you convinced your mom about the ivory! I think I'm going to go with the ivory as well. Thanks to this post, I'm positive this is my dress even more but I just wanted to shop around alittle to make sure since it was the 3rd dress I tried on, so thank you to all of you!!I'll keep in touch! Have a good day :)
  • Options
    Jgilmore youj look great in the dress!  How do you plan on bustling this?  Do you have a pic of the bustle? 
  • Options
    I'm not sure how i'm gonna bustle it...When I tried it on they did it in a few different ways and i dont know which one i like the best!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards