South Carolina-Charleston
Options

Honeymoon Help

Hi Ladies,Me and FI are in the process of planning our honeymoon for our March wedding.We are thinking Sandals in Antigua or St. Lucia. We want a high end all inclusive. Has anyone been there...or have any other suggestions.

Re: Honeymoon Help

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We have friends who went to Sandals Antigua and loved it, they said everything was amazing, the food was very good and they really enjoyed themselves. They're planning to go back in a few years. We were looking at St. Lucia but had to put off a real honeymoon until sometime next year, hopefully we'll still be able to go there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My brother got married at Sandals St. Lucia grand. It was great--lots of fun stuff to do and nice hike right next to the grand. You can take a shuttle and enjoy the facilities and restaurants at all 3 places on St Lucia which is cool. We only went to Halcyon for dinner once though-it was really nice though smaller and quiet. Grande is quite fun and while you can relax in quiet areas..People are always having a good time in teh pool though and they have lots of entertainment.
  • Options
    dvandyckdvandyck member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Tiffany! My FI and I are also planning our honeymoon at Sandals Antigua in May! It's hard to know what to think based on the TripAdvisor reviews. I have repeatedly heard that it is not worth the amount of money you pay to upgrade to the Meditteranean side of this resort. They have newer, upgraded rooms. A lot of the Garden of Eden rooms have been refurbished on the Caribbean side as of Jan 2009. So I wouldn't personally pay the extra. If you didn't see already Sandals is having a sale on their website that ends in the next few days. 50% off, but I hear that this happens a lot with Sandals.Both St. Lucia and Antigua appear to be amazing. I do not know anyone who has been to St. Lucia but have extended family in Antigua right now so I can tell you more when they return. As for now maybe talk to a Travel Agent, if you don't mind a small fee, or just search Trip Advisor and About.com. Both sites were really helpful for us in making a decision.:) Dawn
    Live the life you've dreamed... My Ovulation Chart
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards