California-Los Angeles
Options

Alterations - Back in LA

Hi Ladies,I am new to the So. Cal Board. I was born and raised here ( in Westwood), went to college in New Orleans ( and thats where I am having my wedding- met FI there:), and recently moved back to LA from living in Denver, Co. My dilemma is that I bought my dress at a boutique in Denver..... I was planning to do my alterations there, but we moved last month back to LA. I picked up my dress from the shop and now its sitting in my moms closet in LA. I will have to start alterations around Feb, but am at a loss for where to go to get these alterations done. Does anybody have any recommendations?Also, I'm thinking because so many brides get married in the spring, the Feb/March months must be crazy for alterations. Should I call now and book? My dress fits me pretty well already and just needs a few minor seams taken in as well as adding a bustle. Thanks!!!

Re: Alterations - Back in LA

• Options
    Vans18Vans18 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi there, welcome to the board. I just went for alterations this past weekend and I'm getting married in January. Her name is Reene, she is in lacated in Woodland Hills...you'll probably get a lot of recs to go with her, she is amazing...at least that's what I hear. She gave me tons of ideas and honestly can't wait to see my dress again in November.Her contact number is: Reene (818) 222-4434Good Luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!! I second Reene! I went for my first fitting a couple weeks ago and have my second fitting on Sept. 11th. I'm happy wiht her so far. If you do call just know that you pronounce her name Ree-knee. Another suggestion that you will probably get is Mahtab who is located in Orange County. She has gotten great reviews on this board so she might be worth checking out as well. Here is a link to her website: http://www.weddingalterations.com/Good luck!!
  • Options
    nyc_sunshinenyc_sunshine member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Reene for me too! You'll love her and her prices are very reasonable.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards