Oregon
Options

Old, new, borrowed, blue?

Hey girls!Are you taking part in this tradition and if so what are you using for each part? 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Old, new, borrowed, blue?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I will.. and hey it looks like we are getting married on the same day! Where are you getting married?? I'm going to do blue underwear (easiest), something old will be an old watch my mom gave me to wear, something new - dress, something borrowed... don't know yet. What about you?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Old: a few things. old hanky of my grandmother's wrapping my bouquet, brooch on my dress New: shoes? Veil? Borrowed: a pearl bracelet of my moms and one of my grandmother's Blue: underwear!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    this is what i did old: hanky from my great-grandma new: everything... dress, shoes, veil, jewelry borrowed and blue: sapphire ring from one of my BMs
    My little loves
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • Options
    FutureACEFutureACE member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    old: some jewlery new: most of the stuff. dress, shoes, wedding band, etc blue: undies! borrowed. My mom's diamond earings.
  • Options
    summerslaosummerslao member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Old...I'm not sure yet. I think we have a hankie that's been passed around between some of my girlfriends that have gotten married. New...everything Borrowed...Jewelery Blue...I was going to undie but I think I might have to wear spanx so I'm lost for other ideas.  Maybe jems on the bottom of my shoes?Jennie Lee...March 20th is the BEST!  We're getting married at Embassey Suites Downtown.  What about you guys?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's awesome! Yes March 20th is the best :-) We are getting married at the Columbia Edgewater Country Club. Can't wait! 7 months tomorrow!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    old and borrowed: fur wrap that belonged to my great grandmother and pearl necklace that belonged to FI's great grandmother new: dress, shoes, and FI told me to "not worry about earrings"blue: haven't got that far yet.  and don't forget the penny!  in England it's a sixpence for your shoe so one of my awesome friends suggested I get a sixpence from Queen Victoria's reign (because of my name). You can get old coins on ebay and they're actually pretty cheap (i spent $6).  i'm overly excited about it
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

It's Always Sunny on St. Paddy's Day
  • Options
    anvloveskmeanvloveskme member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the tradition, but didn't want to go typical, so we are incorporating it as our Drink Menu at the bar: Something Old: (I think we are ging an old fashioned) Something New: Elderflower Martini (made with a new liquor we found) Something Borrowed: French Kiss Martini by Bartini - Grey Goose Vodka topped with Champagne and strawberries Something Blue: Bombay Sapphire and Tonic (Bride's favorite beverage) I thought it would be a fun twist.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love this tradition! I did an old hankercheif that came from my husband's grandma, a new dress (and everything!), a borrowed car to get to the church from the reception, and blue undies.
  • Options
    DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did: Old and Borrowed:  my great grandmother's engagement ring, borrowed from my grandma (who later gave it to me) New: Dress, shoes, veil Blue: Underwear!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards