Wisconsin
Options

Poor Etiquette??

I just want to know what other future brides' opinions are on this situation...I have a coworker who is getting married in one month.  I was invited to the shower, which I attended, and the bachelorette party, but I have not been invited to the wedding.  I know she sent out the invites about a month ago (she was talking about it at work) and she sent out her "B" list invites two weeks after, I also know some of my other coworkers recieved their invites in the first mailing.  I'm not upset that I haven't been invited, and I know she has a tight budget, but I'm just kind of shocked that she would invite me to the shower and bachelorette party but not the wedding.  In my opinion those invited to the shower/bachelorette party are the guests with whom the bride is closest.  Anyone else feel the same way or am I just feeling snubbed?Thanks!!

Re: Poor Etiquette??

• Options
    michelle142michelle142 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I do think it was in poor taste to invite you to all the pre-wedding stuff, but not to the wedding itself. I'm in a similar situation. A friend of FIs is getting married the weekend after us - I was invited to the bridal shower and b-party, but we never got an invite to the wedding. I went to both parties and no wedding invite. We know they sent out invite because a lot of our friend got them - and she also rants about her invites on Facebook all the time. It's kind of irritating, but I have my own wedding to worry about. Going to hers is one less thing to worry about I guess.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    molisarmolisar member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    VERY rude!  It's essentially saying she is happy to take a gift from you but is too cheap to buy you a dinner.  Gag.
    My Furbaby Baxter Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There are so many things wrong with this. 1st there should never even be a B list. 2nd you never invite to pre-wedding things without inviting to the wedding. I would ask her. Maybe the invite got addressed wrong. maybe she is just shower happy and gift grubbing douche.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    She is rude! You don't invite people to the pre-wedding events and not the wedding itself. Sounds like she is girt hungry!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    She is rude! You don't invite people to the pre-wedding events and not the wedding itself. Sounds like she is gift hungry!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes, it is poor etiquette.  That being said, my FMIL is inviting people to the shower she is holding for us that aren't invited to the wedding.  She says she knows its not standard, but they are work-friends of hers, she wanted to be a part of the shower.  I asked if we should invite them to the wedding, and she said no.Now, I know if violates etiquette, but I'm not fighting my FMIL on this (there's been enough squablling already).  I know its a different story when the bride is doing the inviting... but, just keep in mind that sometimes there are behind-the-scenes things going on.In my opinion...  its done and over with.  Yes, its rude and improper.  But,  no use crying over spilt milk.   
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the input everyone!!
  • Options
    hdheinzhdheinz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Very poor etiquette, and very rude.  Anyone invited to the shower especially should receive an invite to the wedding.  I am assuming you bought her a shower gift, which she happily accepted.  Not cool.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just an update...I just recieved an invite yesterday, a week before the RSVP is due and a month before the wedding!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lol. It may be the "b-list invite" but let's just assume it got lost in the mail for a bit. Or perhaps she's a lurker here!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards