New Hampshire
Options

possible fall NH 2012 wedding

My fiance's family lives in NH/ME/MA and we're thinking about having a fall NH wedding Next year. I'm in FL.  I found http://www.vacationinnewhampshire.com and visitinnh.gov as possible links to give to my family as to what to do when we're there.... but as far as narrowing down a place to have the wedding, I'm so confused by the other sites im seeing regarding the regions and where things are.

My fiance's mother says that some of the plaes I'm mentioning are no where near where they live but when you have people coming from the 3 different states...and your states are so small...it doesnt look like anything is very far from any of those states.

I'd like the fall mountain setting, but they live around Salem? Im so lost. All help is appreciated.

Re: possible fall NH 2012 wedding

• Options
    kpkeaneykpkeaney member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The mountain region is a big area. But lets just say they're going to Lincoln.  That's almost a 2 hour drive from Salem. And those are highway miles, since both cities are right on Rte 93.  Move the venue to a more remote location and you're going to be adding more travel time.

Utilize Mapquest to figure out estimated driving times to/from different locations.  Good Luck!!!  Oh, and keep in mind, you can't please everyone :)
    Anniversary Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Check out www.genesisartistry.com. If you look at album 1 under the photography section, you will see pictures of my friend's wedding. It took place the last weekend of September in the mountains of NH. Maybe it will give you some ideas. :-)

• Options
    mariegramariegra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are several venues for weddings that are close to the Salem, NH area that are very nice, (but wouldn't be a 'mountain' wedding).  Some of these are:
    - Searles Castle, (Windham, NH)
    - Castleton, (Windham, NH)
    - Atkinson Country Club, (Atkinson, NH)
    - Brookstone, (Derry, NH)
    - Promises to Keep, (Derry, NH)

But if you wanted a "mountain" wedding that isn't as far away as the White Mountains in Lincoln, you could try the Monadnock region of NH, (southwestern NH).  We live in Nashua, but are going to Jaffrey, NH (Monadnock region), for an outdoorsy-mountain themed wedding at the Shattuck Golf Club....stone terrace with views of Mt. Monadnock and an onsite ballroom with high wooden-beamed cathedral ceilings.  Their prices are pretty reasonable too.  It is about an hour's drive from Nashua.  www.shattuckweddings.com
    September 2011 Board-April Siggy Challenge-Honeymoon Pics
    imageimage
    Planning Bio-updated August 16, 2011 NH Knotties Site
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Atkinson.  It's beautiful there!
  • Options
    swimlibswimlib member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second the idea of Shattucks. It was in the running for our wedding but we settled on one closer our friends and family in Hudson, NH.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There's also Pat's Peak in Henniker, NH (website). It's absoutely gorgeous up there in the fall (I went to school at New England College. There are gorgeous bridge/rivier scenes, etc on the way up to the Peak). It's about an hour drive from Salem.

Good luck!
  • Options
    kpkeaneykpkeaney member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Pat's Peak!  Laughing
    Anniversary Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Pats Peak is beautiful, and you can take the chairlift up the mountain for some great photos! Zorvinos in Sandown is also beautiful for a fall wedding, or any time of year.
  • Options
    Lilac++Lilac++ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Another fan of Pats Peak. We got married there this past fall and it was AMAZING. Oct. 10 wedding -- trees were just turning color and we had 70 degree and sunny weather on the day of our wedding. Couldn't have asked for a nicer day. The staff there was really nice and the food was really good too.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    My two favorite cats!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing a fall mountain wedding in October 2012.. we are having our reception at Gunstock Mtn in Lake's Regiion of NH.

Although NH doesn't look huge... it can take a couple hours to drive to the mtns from Salem.. Salem is actually closer to Mass than most of NH.

Also... we booked our venue in May 2011 and most places we looked at only had 1 or 2 dates left for Oct 2012, so it might be tricky now to find an open date!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    JeannePatrickJeannePatrick member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thank you so much!! So many people looking at Pat's Peak, I'll have to look at that! Sorry for responding so late. I've been so busy. Im IN a wedding at the same time and it's been quite dramatic.

Ill loook into all these responses.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards