Texas-San Antonio
Options

Questions to ask your photographer

I'm meeting with Caitlin's Creations in a couple of weeks and I'm wondering what basic questions I should ask.  I originally was not going to hire a photographer, but I'm now able to fit one into my budget.  I automatically emailed Caitlin because I just love her pictures.  I'm a little worried because the church that I'm getting married in only allows time exposure photos during the ceremony.  Has anyone had this same dilemma and if so, was your photographer able to still get good shots during the ceremony?  Thanks for all the help!

Re: Questions to ask your photographer

• Options
    MBLoveMBLove member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's a good question to ask her about the time exposure shots--I've never even heard of that. When I met with her, I had no clue what to ask, but she is totally great and puts you at ease and she actually asks YOU the important questions. I think once you meet with her you will see what I mean, she's just awesome!
    Photobucket image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would make sure you get a good idea what comes with the package you are purchasing.  For example, do you get all the rights to your photo's?  How many hours of coverage, how many photographers?  Also, if you are having an engagement and/or a bridal session, do you get the full rights to those photo's or is there an extra charge for you to obtain the full rights?  Some photogs will make you pay extra if you want the full rights to your special session's as well.However, I have also found that a reputable vendor will anticipate the questions you will ask even before you ask them!  Still good to be prepared though.  Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    She pretty much knocked everything out of the park when I met with her. Just think about what you're looking for (types of shots and feel that you want from those photos)  and ask her if she's familiar with the venue you've chosen for your ceremony and reception. If she's familiar with it that'll make it all the better. If she's not then I'm betting she'll ask when you'll be doing a rehearsal to see if she can show up and get a feel for the space.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you're wedding is indoors & outdoors, make sure she can handle all the various lighting situations. My photographer, Kate L. Photography, couldn't and my photos suck.
  • Options
    jgilbergjgilberg member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ask to see some examples of full coverage for weddings, as well as albums. That is kind of what helped me to decide on a photographer. I looked at some people's full coverage, and it was horrible. The guests looked uncomfortable, stiff.  Or the photographer shot the same cheesy photos for every wedding.Also, get some references from her from brides who have used her. Hope this helps!~Julie
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would definitely ask what comes with the photos....especially the rights. Also, make sure you know what prints will cost. Even though we got a 20-page album included, our photog made an 80-something-page album that would have cost us close to $1000 to buy. I had to personally weed things out so that we could make it affordable. I haven't heard of the time exposure thing, but my church wouldn't allow flash photography during the ceremony. Our pics turned out okay, but they were all a little yellow because of the yellow glass windows. Funny thing was that there were people in the church that used flash photography and nothing was said. Just make sure you know exactly what you are buying!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for the advice.  I'm really excited to be meeting with Caitlin.  I've heard such great things about her on this board!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards