Hawaii
Options

Waikiki Venues??

nors81nors81 member
First Comment

I'm from NY and are just looking at pricing different locations for a luncheon reception for my future wedding. Has anyone had any experience with the Hilton Hawaiian Village?? The other place we were considering was a suite at the Waikiki Marriott... It's going to be a small wedding nothing big :)

Re: Waikiki Venues??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello and Welcome! I don't have any experience with either of those hotels, but I wanted to suggest that you could broaden your search a little. There are lots of amazing Waikiki restaurants that would be perfect for a casual lunch reception, which could be a lot simpler for a smaller affair with no worries about decorations and linens, etc and might even be more affordable with an ocean view. Just a suggestion!
  • Options
    nors81nors81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions!!
  • Options
    AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We stayed at the Waikiki Marriott the last night of our honeymoon and really liked it.  We got it via Hotwire and lucked out!  The hotel is pretty standard for a Marriott, but the front desk ladies are great about upgrading your room for free if they can. 

However, the first 2 nights of our honeymoon we stayed at the Waikiki Parc and honestly we loved the beach in front of that section much, much better than Waikiki Beach.  Waikiki was full of homeless people and we saw one guy after he had just gotten beat up laying on the sidewalk, it's just kind of a sad area.  But, the beach in front of the Fort DeRussy park is far less populated and it just seems like much less 'touristy' even though everyone there was probably a tourist!  That section of beach extends in front of the Hilton, so I would probably prefer that over the Marriott for a wedding.  Just my thoughts since we were just there! 
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    Jni0682Jni0682 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Depending on your budget I looked at Royal Hawaiian and Moana Surfrider. Both on the water and beautiful hotels. We are doing our reception at the Moana! They have this "Beachhouse" restaurant that overlooks the ocean, very cute atmosphere. When we did our tasting there we saw a couple doing a casual lunch wedding reception and it looked gorgeous.
  • Options
    mrevnakmrevnak member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a great experience at the Hilton Hawaiian Village. They have their own lagoon and are in best spot (i think) on the beach and near Waikiki. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards