Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Casual Dining

Hi girls!  FI and I have been working on our registry this weekend (FUN!) and we are looking for good dishes that won't chip easily.  We're going to be getting my grandmother's fine china, so we're just looking into our everyday dishes.  Any suggestions for nice, affordable, chip-resistant dishes?  TIA

Re: Casual Dining

• Options
    FI and I are doing Fiestaware. it gets great reviews. it's heavy and durable. Denby is another good option.
  • Options
    We have Mikasa French Countryside and absolutely love it.  Lenox Simply Fine line is also chip resistant.
  • Options
    I love my Corelle dishes. They have lot more patterns than they used to.
  • Options
    I love my Mikasa Italian Countryside.  Nice for every day but can also be dressed up a bit!
  • Options
    We have Villeroy and Boch Cellini. I LOVE it. I am clumsy and so far no chips or breaks -- it has been almost 2 years since we bought 'em (you can get a great deal like this: http://www.amazon.com/Villeroy-Boch-Cellini-50-set/dp/B000WO0BC6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1251231124&sr=8-2) and then we registered for more place settings, serving pieces, etc. --- it is gorgeous, and can be dressed up or down.
    www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Sorry, you'll have to copy and paste the link -- it didn't work as a clicky
    www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Corelle doesn't chip, and they have some great looking new patterns.
  • Options
    I'm going to ditto the Corelle.  They are light weight, which means kids can use them without a lot of help, and come in both modern and traditional patterns depending on your taste.  They are also very durable, my mother has only had three pieces of her Corelle break in the 29 years she has been raising her three clumsy kids. Corelle even has a website which you can register through that includes other name brand kitchen/houseware companies, which I was excited to learn!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Corelle is light, durable and it can come in some cute designs!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I love Corelle too. We have two sets from Target!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Corelle is very durable and they've got some really cool new patterns.  Even square plates now.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers image Daisypath Christmas tickers
  • Options
    We have had our Corelle for a few years and it is so durable.  We receieved Lenox's Tin Can Alley casual china for our shower and love it as well.
  • Options
    i have set of pfaltzgraff that i've had for 10 years.  never chips, and its dishwasher, microwave and oven safe. you can register for a pattern: www.replacements.com
  • Options
    We use Fiestaware and love it- however it is heavy/bulky if that is a concern.
  • Options
    True Corelle Story, yes they do not chip and are nice and light (and really reasonable), in an experiment at my old apartment a friend and I decided to test their durability.  If you drop it from about chest high, not only will it break, it will shatter.  I mean it took a few tries, because we had dropped it a couple times from differant heights, but at about 5 feet 3 inches, it will shatter if dropped, face side down.  Face side up did have better results though!  So if you do get Correlle and drop them, just do it face side up.(Yes this is what I did in College during finals week).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards