Favors
Options

Not sure what to do with guest favors

Knotties:

I have the boxes and tags for my guest favors. I even have all the boxes put together, the only thing I am not sure of is what candy to put in the boxes.  They are larger then I first thought, and I had planned to put heresy kisses with a saying on the tags. The only problem is now that I’m not sure if most people like plain kisses (my fi does, I prefer others, but some guests have nut allergies…), also if I used the kisses, I feel like I need to put something in the bottom of the box to make it look fuller/ nicer then just a box of chocolate.

Should I look into a different candy? Really not sure what to do here…

Anniversary

Re: Not sure what to do with guest favors

• Options
    Frogger5Frogger5 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think you should buy some of that grass/straw stuff in a color that matches your wedding colors and put some of that in the bottom of the boxes. Then just a few plain kisses. The box is full, and the colors are right. Perfect! (I know I've seen the straw stuff I'm thinking of in party stores and places like Target - like you might use it to stuff a gift bag instead of tissue paper. I just can't think of what you would call it! Sort of like Easter grass but made of paper.)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The "easter grass" idea is good.  Or just put in some assorted kisses (you can do plain, almond, dark, and hugs).  The candy inside can be a mix, not all the same. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    lynxbbgirllynxbbgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I thought about buying the "grass" stuff as well, and have been trying to describe it to my mom :) Might have to look back into that, a mix of candy would be great as well. Maybe beacuse he likes plain I could do that with Almond (my fav) :) thanks ladies, sometimes it is easier to get ideas from fresh eyes!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP. The Easter grass is a great idea. I also agree with putting different kinds of kisses in the box. People who have peanut alleriges (especially serious ones) will check the label before they eat something. But if you want to feel safer, you could write on your gift tag: "Some of these chocolates contain nuts."  HTH!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards