California-Los Angeles
Options

Divorced parents at the Head Table =/

So...my FI's parents are divorced and do not really get a long. My parents are adamant about having the parents at the head table with the bride and the groom. For them it's tradition and would be completely disrespectful to have the parents sit with the guests. My mom even threatened not to be at the wedding if I plan to seat her at a table with the guests (she can be a little dramatic...). My FI believes that his parents will have the worst time ever if they sit next to each other and may very well strangle each other (ok maybe not), but they'll be getting on each other's nerves...he's mostly worried about his dad being mean to his mom. Do you ladies have any suggestions or has anyone ever had to deal with this type of situation?

Re: Divorced parents at the Head Table =/

• Options
    malibu09bridemalibu09bride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I say just space them out. Just make sure to have 1 or 2 couples seperating them. Also, divorced parents tend to be on their best behavior for weddings (unless they are completely selfish). My parents hadn't seen eachother in over 10 years. I was a litttle worried, but it went off without a hitch. In fact, my mom, step-dad, and dad were evening laughing and talking to eachother over the course of the weekend. It was really cool.
  • Options
    SMHubbardSMHubbard member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto Malibu, make sure there are a few couples in between them and there shouldn't be a problem.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards