Indiana

Outside wedding, Indianapolis

Hello ladies, I just got engaged 2 weeks ago and I am looking for an place that I can have an outside ceremony and an inside reception in the Indianapolis (preferably NE side) and won't break the bank. I am currently looking at the Garrison in Ft. Benjamin Harrison State Park, but don't know the pricing there. Does anyone know of any places that would fit into the category that I am looking for or know anything about the Garrison? Thank you

Re: Outside wedding, Indianapolis

• edited December 2011
    I think you can get married outside at Oak Hill Mansion.  I am not sure on the cost, but we had friends have their reception there last summer and I thought it was really pretty.
  • edited December 2011
    The Ritz Charles is North and you can do inside/outside. The Montage you can do both but it's pricey. I know farther East there is a place in Pendleton that is new that both can be done. I will try and find the name of it.
  • edited December 2011
    I second the Oak Hill Mansion. It might be a little pricey, but take my advice as a bride two or so weeks before her wedding that if a reception/ceremony venue is all-inclusive and you don't have to rent or buy anything yourself will seriously help your stress levels.
  • edited December 2011
    This might not be close enough to the area you want but I'm getting married at the Palomino Ballroom in Zionsville- you can do an outdoor ceremony there with an indoor reception (beautiful!) and it's quite affordable.
  • edited December 2011
    The Indianapolis Zoo. They have an outside wedding garden and then you can either choose between their Riverhouse or the Dolphin Building. 
  • edited December 2011
    The Ritz Charles has a place at a Park off of 116th and Towne Rd. called Coxhall gardens. They have an outdoor area for the ceremony and a permanent temperature controlled tent for the reception. It's really pretty. www.coxhallgardens.com  
  • erbear44erbear44 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you know how much the Coxhall Gardens run? It sounds very nice!
  • pinwheelpinwheel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we are doing our ceremony outside and reception inside at the Indiana State Museum.  I'm pretty sure any of the venues on the canal have this option. (Eiteljorg and Indiana Historical Society both have wedding rental)
  • edited December 2011
    We're having an outdoor ceremony and an indoor reception at Laurel Hall. It is absolutely beautiful. We also really liked how they only allow one event per weekend. This means that you don't have to worry about competing music from a reception next door and you can pick the time of your event.
  • silverbubblesilverbubble member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using the wedding gardens at the zoo and the dolphin room. But you do not have to do that as the reception. You can use just the gardens, if you plan it right. Book early, they fill up fast. If ur looking to save money, look into fridays, and sundays. Might be a lil more difficult for some to be there, but saves you from some that just go cause they can.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not sure how much it cost. I didn't save my brochure from them. We're getting married in April so an outside ceremony wasn't an option with the weather around here. But if you contact the Ritz Charles there event planner will get it to you ASAP. She's really nice and very helpful. I'm going to guess though and say it might have been around $5000 for ceremony, reception w/ catering.
  • edited December 2011
    Oops previous post was about Coxhall Gardens.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards