Canada
Options

Engagement Photos

I just booked the date with our photographer and would love some tips. What you wore, where it was shot etc. I'm so worried we're going to look totally awkward. :) Thanks!

Re: Engagement Photos

• Options
    sillynutsillynut member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wore jeans and a nice shirt, he worse jeans and a nice shirt. Relax and enjoy the photo shoot. Dont be worried, the photographer should take enough shots so you get some good ones, even if some are awkward looking.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    engagement photos were so fun for us. we decided to have them done in the winter to mix it up since our wedding photos will be summer. they turned out so beautiful. We wore our winter coats- mine is a long, belted cream coat, and his is a black one (for contrast). Our photographer took us to this sports park which has a huge white sports dome and a giant field of fresh snow. We were near the ROM too, so the architecture of the building was awesome for photos. She told us to "play", and just snapped. We felt a little funny at first, but eventually just got comfortable. started tossing snowballs, running, hugging, laughing etc. your photographer will suggest things, but try not to be too uptight or "posed". really, its just about having fun. :) im sure your photos will look beautiful. !
  • Options
    raynesraynes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We both wore jeans and a sweater, him with a nice shirt underneath (it was also October).We had ours done at a park with a mansion halfway between where we live and were our (ex)photographer lived.PIB if you want to take a look.The only advice I can give is to relax and have fun with it. 
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the tips, I think we going to go the jeans and a nice shirt route. We're going to have more than enough fancy photos from the wedding!
  • Options
    LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have not yet taken our engagement photos, but are going to in the next month or so. Our photographer suggested Sunday is the best day, and in the late afternoon - the best light and the least traffic. The last thing you want to do is squint in all your pictures, or have to wear sunglasses in every single one of them. We are going to do the pictures out and about around Toronto - we will probably stick to Front Street, just outside Union Station, on the Esplanade, or King West is another option - lots of rough storefronts and interesting architecture. We are both going to wear jeans, and the top will be weather dependant - something of a deep solid colour, and probably not black or white. A good idea is to look through the knot and magazines and see some poses you like, so that you have an idea of what you might like to do. Seeing it beforehand may make you feel less awkward, and you won't need as much direction from the photographer. I'm sure your pictures will be beautiful - your photographer has a lot of experience and will know what will work best for the two of you once he sees you interacting together. Those candid ones are sometimes the best anyway!
  • Options
    EuroPrincessEuroPrincess member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we took ours at the don valley brickworks my friend took hers as distillery the esplanade and front st near church is awesome area, beautiful architecture, my cousin took her wedding photos here u need to decide whether u want park/nature type pics or more architectural type
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards