New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Timeline for trials (Hair & Makeup)

Hi Ladies,My wedding is in April 2010.  When should I do my hair and makeup trials?  When did you guys book these vendors?  I have everything else set except for these two.Also, I am worried about finding someone to do my makeup.  I know that many of them require a certain number of people in order to travel to you the day of.  Did you guys ask your bridesmaids way ahead of time if they would want to get their makeup done, or did you just hope that they would when the time came?TIA!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Timeline for trials (Hair & Makeup)

• Options
    ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it all depends on who you are using to be honest.  I would think if you are using someone that is very popular that is mentioned on here alot and highly recommended, I would start asking.  It wouldn't hurt...you could get an idea of their style, etc.I did ask my bridesmaids in advance about whether they would want their make up done so that i had an idea when i spoke to the girl (she is a friend of my hair stylist)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I booked Christine for makeup in January for July and didn't have a hair person until April/May.  If you are pickier about who you want, you may want to book now just to ensure their availability, but plenty of people wait longer.  I emailed all my BMs before booking anything to ask who was interested in hair and/or makeup.  Also check if you'll have your mom, FMIL, and grandmothers or aunts who may be interested as well. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards