New Jersey - South
Options

Registry Questions?

So we are having a housewarming/engagement party on the 12th and a lot of guests we invited are asking where we are registered. We explained to them that its more of a bbq just come out and see the house but ppl have already started to buy things from them. Now I am worried when it comes time to the bridal shower or wedding we aren't going to have a lot of things on there. My FI is very big on not putting things on there just to have things and only putting on things we would actually use at some point. I completely understand that but I feel like we are going to run out. So our next option, sign up for a honeymoon registry. Does anyone know how to do this? Is it something you set up with a travel agent or do you do it directly with the hotel you are staying at? Im so clueless.Also does anyone know how to get your registry to come up on theknot when someone can type in to find a registry? Our Macy's registry shows up but not Target. Thanks for your help and sorry this is so long :)

Re: Registry Questions?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We registered before our engagement party because people kept saying that they wanted to get us things. I didn't want to but my sister was like you either register and let them know what you'd like to have or they bring you stuff you don't want. My shower was last weekend but like 2 weeks before we hardly had anything left on our registry. I didn't want to add things because I thought I had picked out everything we needed. So then I decided to add a few things.Even though we had towels I figured we could always use some more new ones. Same thing with a microwave. Ours was old but still worked so I figured we didn't need to put one on...well let me tell you...my new microwave is gorgeous! Go with FI to the store and just walk around and see if there is anything that catches your eye. Think about things you might already have that you could upgrade. A registry is a WISH LIST...it doesn't have to be practical! Go a little crazy! Have fun!!!I don't know anything about honeymoon registries...try asking on the honeymoon board. Also...I think Macy's comes up because they partner with the Knot on things like their sip and scan events...not sure how to get Target on there. Good luck!!!!
  • Options
    nygirl07nygirl07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having this problem too....my showers not for another month and my registry is almost empty!!  I have no clue what to add and I've already doubled up on sheets and towls b/c I can always use them....I'm assuming we'll just end up wth gift cards.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Do the HM registry!  It seems to be more common nowadays.  Honeyfund.com and travelersjoy.com seem to be the most common.  If you check out the HM message board, this is a hot topic.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you book your HM through Liberty Travel they will help you set up the registry.
    BabyFruit Ticker

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Stacy has read 24 books toward her goal of 35 books.
    hide
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for the suggestions! I'm so used to posting on here I forgot there is a Honeymoon Board lol. It does look like it is a hot topic on their. We wouldn't be looking for our guests to pay for our honeymoon just extra activities and give them another option of things we would like.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Don't let the responses on the HM board turn you off.  A lot of those people must be from different parts of the country and/or are old-fashioned.  Throw it out to some of your close friends and family to get some honest opinions.  In my circle of friends HM registries are becoming pretty standard.  Just do what is best for you guys!  GL!
  • Options
    nygirl07nygirl07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My cousin did the honeymoon registry and she was hoping a lot of people did it but only 1 person out of her 60 guests and the bridal shower did.  I guess it's new to people but if there is nothing else for them to get they might do it...she did get some cash from people who didn't feel like doing the HM registry though
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Since you both have a new home maybe in addition to the honeymoon registry, you could mention that you could always use Home Depot or Lowes gift cards since they don't have registries.  FI and I will soon be moving into a new home and I have list a mile long of things we could get from both Home Depot and Lowes. Even if your house is perfect and you don't need to do any work on it, you could always get indoor and outdoor lighting, a grill, a lawn mower and other lawn stuff, appliances, etc.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards