Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

KIDS

Hi ladies, I have a question for those ladies who are hjaving ceremony and reception later in the day are you allowing people to bring their kids? We are looking to have ceremony late in the day but we have alot of kids in the family and im just not sure what to do. I know its my day but i dont want the people i want there the most not show because they cant bring thier kids.How would you all deal with this situation?

Re: KIDS

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_kids?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:108Discussion:a474cb85-51cd-4963-9a06-413e43a05287Post:8136ff12-91ad-46b3-94a6-6a32d1d56a57">KIDS</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi ladies, I have a question for those ladies who are hjaving ceremony and reception later in the day are you allowing people to bring their kids? We are looking to have ceremony late in the day but we have alot of kids in the family and im just not sure what to do. I know its my day but i dont want the people i want there the most not show because they cant bring thier kids.How would you all deal with this situation?
    Posted by MrsHolley2b[/QUOTE]

Hi Holley,
    I am having the same issue. So, we have decided to host a separate kids reception at our home...aka pizza/movie party. On of my new sister's in law has a newborn so she will go back with them. I have read a lot about kids/no kids. Don't feel bad. Black tie events generally mean no kids, and people know that.
  • Options
    my wedding is later in the evening and when i'm doing my guest list and invitations i'm explictly requesting and addressing them to include the kids.

kids do fine at a reception as long as they have things to do. you can even provide coloring activies to keep the occupied. plus kids love dancing.

but if you really feel you must seperate the kids, i'd have a room on site of the reception for the kids. that way if parents are worried they can go check in on them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards