Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Catholic ceremony--help!

Ok, I need to know: Is it at all possible to get married in Catholic Church in less than 6 months?? Please help!

Re: Catholic ceremony--help!

• I recommend cross-posting this on the Catholic board (link to the left under Cultural Wedding Boards) to speed up possible replies!  Good luck!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Yes! It is possible - but you need to act immediately. Typically Catholic parishes start marriage planning at the 6 month mark. Some priests are uncomfortable with "rush" weddings. If you have a priest that you or your FI are familiar with, I would recommend starting with that priest. A priest that doesn't know either of you might be less likely to bend the rules for you.

Also  - please check out the Catholic Board as pp suggested - many helpful ladies there!
  • I agree with Riss.
    6 months is about the minimum. Also, if either of you have been married before that will extend that timeline out, possibly, depending on previous marraige details.
    I would post on the Catholic Board, and call your priest today!
    Praying for a miracle!
  • Thank you! Will post over there:)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards