Texas-Austin

question about make-up for engagement photos

we're getting our engagement photos done at the end of september. i found someone for my make-up and i'm wondering if i should do my trial the day of my engagement photos? i also need to buy new make-up so should i just go to the MAC counter and get my make-up done there? what did you do?

Re: question about make-up for engagement photos

• Mrs.PurdueMrs.Purdue member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i did my makeup trial for my bridal pictures.  I think you'll want a different look for when you're actually wearing your dress w/ your hair done, versus a probably more casual engagement photo.  You'll most likely be wearing something that's not white in those photos, so the makeup coloring would probably look different than if the artist is doing it with the knowledge that you'll be wearing all white.  i'd just head to the mac counter, if you need makeup anyway! 
    image  image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • AggieDanerAggieDaner member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to Ulta and had them do my hair and makeup. The makeup is a really great deal, if you buy 3 of the products that they use then it's free, and there's no dollar amount you have to get to. The girl who did my makeup was REALLY cool, I had a great experience there. Let me know if you want to see any pictures of her work!
  • edited December 2011
    I had my hair & makeup for the engagement shoot done at Milk & Honey... they were running a special at the time. Ditto on the trial thing though... your makeup will probably look a lot different for a casual engagement shoot vs. the wedding day.
    Liz & David | 10/23/09
    Planning Bio

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards