Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Rock Chic wedding - DJ or Band?

Hi ladies. May I have your honest opinion? Don't hold back. My fiancé and I both love music. You could say going to concerts is a hobby of mine. I have this vision of incorporating this into the wedding theme, a classy rocker chic wedding - concert or festival poster invitations, guitar pick seating cards for example. Of course comes the budgeting for all this. Dj's tend to be less expensive then bands (from what I read). My concern and question and to you is if you were attending the reception, would you find it cheesy if a DJ was spinning tunes at this themed wedding?   Also on the down side, now that I’m visualizing the set up, our venue doesn’t exactly have a ton of left over space for a large band, it may only accommodate a four piece.

Re: Rock Chic wedding - DJ or Band?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't find DJ's cheesy at all! It all depends on who you get, pretty much the same thing with a band. I like the variety that DJ's offer, and if you get a good one, they are able to include everything you want to hear and blend the music so people stay on the dance floor.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think the idea is cute. I actually remember seeing a Save the Date on a wedding blog at some point that was like a band poster. It was awhile back so I wouldn't be able to find the blog for you. You might be able to find a decent band in your price range. I think I read someone found a band for $2-3K.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    DJs are significantly cheaper than a band - at least a really good band.  If a DJ is cheesy, it's because he's not a good DJ.  I've been to plenty of weddings where I found the band cheesy (60 year old men should not sing Usher).  So it's all in who you chose. I certainly wouldn't think twice about using a DJ with your theme.  No one sings their music better than the artists themselves! 
    Yorkie Jenga

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No one sings their music better than the artists themselves! Amen!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am dying - "Yeah" by Usher is on Sirius right this second and all I can think about it how ridonkulous that band sounded singing this song!  Ha!
    Yorkie Jenga

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I suggest going with a DJ - you can add a "rock chic" flair to it by playing some appropriate tunes if you want.
  • Options
    devilzkandidevilzkandi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haha, I don't know what I would do if an older man was crooning anything remotely close to Usher. I think that just made up my mind. A good DJ is money well spent!!  And for laughs, search Youtube for "The Dan Band - Total Eclipse of the Heart"  *NSFW* I'd totally hire this guy if no family were attending!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards