September 2012 Weddings

Too soon for invite printing?

I know a lot of you have shared your layout for invites and such.  I purchased my DIY ones a little bit ago so just have to print them.  Is it too soon to print the inserts or wherever the main information is going?  I have spring break in 2 weeks so I'll *only* have work and no school work and thought it would be a good time to get started but for some reason I feel afraid to start printing them.  Our contract has our ceremony time and place set.  Should I still hold off though or am I just having my "this is real" anxiety moment?

Re: Too soon for invite printing?

• Maybe it is a little anxiety?  I say go for it :) Also, since you have a contract with everything there isn't anything to worrry about.  I'm sure I will get that "OMG this is real" feeling when I have the pdfs made and I am ready to print.  I'd take advantage of the time you have just to get it out of the way :)  Good luck and DO IT!
  • I'm not printing until much closer to the send out just in case something changes. I don't know what would necessarily but I would hate to print and do all the embossing for nothing. I hear you tho; I'd rather get it done sooner but I also don't want to duplicate my efforts :P
    invitationcombo Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We have everything ready to go... so if DD can get home over break then we will prolly start on this then
  • If your contract is set, I say definitely go ahead and start when you are ready. I just approved my invitation proofs yesterday and they are on their  way to the printer!
    Anniversary
  • I feel the exact same way....nothing should change (everything booked and paid for as far as ceremony & reception venue), but I am so paranoid about finishing them so early and WHAT IF something changes (like what, I don't know).  But I really want to cross this off my list and move on.  My esty seller has the deposit listing ready for me for the last two days and I'm like stuck frozen with fear.  haha

I'll do it if you do it....:)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I agree, I'd want to get it done asap but I hear you on being hesitant. There's always that "what if" factor. The only thing I would be concerned about in my situation is if something changed with the venue or caterer (a meal change or something like that). But if you are having a buffett or you just can't think of anything on your invites that is not set in stone, then I'd say go for it. That is a huge check to have completed!  :)
  • It's isn't too early to print them IF you want to print them.  Our invitations are sitting in my closet just waiting to be addressed at the moment, haha.

However, if you are worried about something changing, just wait.  You have plenty of time!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_too-soon-for-invite-printing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:e2fe4e9c-b737-4790-8d0d-e9f494ef2abbPost:f6d20fd4-d06e-48c6-9b07-5d66a86a14fe">Re: Too soon for invite printing?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I feel the exact same way....nothing should change (everything booked and paid for as far as ceremony & reception venue), but I am so paranoid about finishing them so early and WHAT IF something changes (like what, I don't know).  But I really want to cross this off my list and move on.  My esty seller has the deposit listing ready for me for the last two days and I'm like stuck frozen with fear.  <strong>haha I'll do it if you do it....:)</strong>
    Posted by NO2012[/QUOTE]

<div>Challenge accepted!  Our plan is to only have one option for meals and even if that changes at our tasting, our online RSVPs will give us flexibility to change that without affecting the invites.  Everything is happening at the hotel...ceremony, reception, catering from their kitchen.  I think it really is my "this is it" moment anxiety.  Think I'll go for it. Just need to get FI to care a teeny weeny bit about the wording.  I need more bridezilla in me...even when he says he doesn't care I want his input since it is his day too.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_too-soon-for-invite-printing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:e2fe4e9c-b737-4790-8d0d-e9f494ef2abbPost:6d1ef3f0-09ae-4831-83ae-838ec4a5e555">Re: Too soon for invite printing?</a>:
    [QUOTE]If your contract is set, I say definitely go ahead and start when you are ready. I just approved my invitation proofs yesterday and they are on their  way to the printer!
    Posted by Laur110[/QUOTE]
    I agree as mine are printing now too. I waited to do the timeline before printing, which was good as the venue recommended ceremony at 5:30pm so we made that change. So exciting!
    Biorama
    September 2012 August Siggy Challenge ~ Wedding Preview
    185 image 116 image 69 image 0 image RSVP Date: August 10
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards