Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Hairstyle with veil. Need help!

Hi everyone, I have 9 days until my wedding, and I am doing hair trials. I want my hair to be all curled and down, but I am also wearing a veil. What is the best way to pin the veil in, if there is no "up" part of the hair to hold it in place. The link below is a style I really like, but obviously they have some hair pinned back which is fine, it just seems like my veil is much heavier than that small amount of hair they used. Would it stay in?http://www.romance-fire.com/pictures/Long%20Wedding%20Hair%20Styles%20001.jpgThanks!

Re: Hairstyle with veil. Need help!

• kappaucf20 - I love how you had your hair for your wedding. Can I ask how you got it that way? I would love some tips!A bump might be a good idea too, the problem is that I have a really sensitive head, so wearing a veil anyways is paining me, but I wouldnt imagine my wedding any other way lol.
  • Thanks :).  My real hair is ridiculously thin so I had to add in some extensions.  But other than that, I never did a hair trial ahead of time because it was pretty simple. My stylist just curled my hair all over and hairsprayed it lol.  Then she pulled a little bit of it back and secured it with two rhinestone bobby pins.  That's it!  The one of my bridesmaids put my veil on (secured with some more bobby pins).
    BFP #1 Sept. 2011 EDD 5.25.12 missed MC on 11.17.11 | BFP #2 4.30.12 11dpo EDD 1.10.13 | Grow, baby, grow!
    01.03.09 {MARRIED BIO}
    imageimageimagePregnancy Ticker
  • Wow! Thats so simple, yet it looks extravagant. I had a hair trail a few weeks ago, and I thought that the updos seemed to be very "not me". lol. I cant wait to try that hairstyle! I also would like to thankyou for the hand ceremony idea. My FI and I fell in love with it when I read it on your bio!
  • That is really pretty
  • I'm glad you liked the hand ceremony!  I'm so happy we did it. :)
    BFP #1 Sept. 2011 EDD 5.25.12 missed MC on 11.17.11 | BFP #2 4.30.12 11dpo EDD 1.10.13 | Grow, baby, grow!
    01.03.09 {MARRIED BIO}
    imageimageimagePregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards