Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

He said she said story

Ok I have an idea but no craftyness... :) I want to do a he said she said story because his side of the story on how we met is sooo not the same as mine. HAHA so I really and looking for some cute ideas on how to maybe incorporate this into maybe our tables, or something? Thanks all

Re: He said she said story

• Options
    I'm not really sure what you're looking for, but I'd suggest checking out pinterest. 

IMO, I think it would be a little weird to read stories that didn't match up? Though you could put it in a frame or something near th guest book table for people to read?
  • Options
    When I said it didn't match it was in being funny, I am sorry that it didn't sound that way. I meant like his side is a little more than mine. He tells it more than I did. :)
  • Options
    Okay, I guess I misunderstood. I think that could be cute. Like PP said, I think to give you specific ideas, we'd need to know what you wedding is going to be like. 

I think this could be cute on the program, maybe on the inside left side or something?
  • Options
    Our DJ actually did this at our wedding.  He called it "Love Story" and aparently it's quite popular among wedding DJs.

He had each of us write our the story of how we met, our first date, how he proposed, and what we love most about each other, etc.  This was done individually.  He then compiled it into about a 5-minute presentation (set to music), and did it in a "He Said/She Said" way -- our stories matched up prett well though:-)  It was really fun and our guests loved it.
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    WOW that is awesome I love that, we will not have a DJ though. I love that idea!!! Our stories match but his is a little more intense than mine. :)

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_he-said-she-said-story?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:10Discussion:f7a64ead-1f60-4180-9859-f7c26f99ed92Post:72d7350b-b165-4557-a5ef-b255409848e3">Re: He said she said story</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our DJ actually did this at our wedding.  He called it "Love Story" and aparently it's quite popular among wedding DJs. He had each of us write our the story of how we met, our first date, how he proposed, and what we love most about each other, etc.  This was done individually.  He then compiled it into about a 5-minute presentation (set to music), and did it in a "He Said/She Said" way -- our stories matched up prett well though:-)  It was really fun and our guests loved it.
    Posted by Avion22[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_he-said-she-said-story?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:f7a64ead-1f60-4180-9859-f7c26f99ed92Post:a48aba58-a78f-4ea9-93e6-ab56d4297f5f">Re: He said she said story</a>:
    [QUOTE]WOW that is awesome I love that, we will not have a DJ though. I love that idea!!! Our stories match but his is a little more intense than mine. :) In Response to Re: He said she said story :
    Posted by harjess[/QUOTE]

<div>Maybe you could ask a good friend to do it?  Someone who knows both of you, remembers when you met.    You could each give him/her your stories and they could compile it (doesn't have to be set to music obviously!).</div>
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    What a fantastic idea too here. I love it I might ask to see if anyone would want to do that.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_he-said-she-said-story?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:10Discussion:f7a64ead-1f60-4180-9859-f7c26f99ed92Post:6325059e-a36e-4b9a-a3f9-2f8df7b1c7c6">Re: He said she said story</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: He said she said story : Maybe you could ask a good friend to do it?  Someone who knows both of you, remembers when you met.    You could each give him/her your stories and they could compile it (doesn't have to be set to music obviously!).
    Posted by Avion22[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited June 2012
    Is it a He Said - She Said about how you met?

I think it would be best to tell it personally - you tell your side, he says his side.  Maybe I'm weird but I think it's strange to have a third party read your personal stories out loud - I think it takes away a lot of the meaning.  Do it during the speech time when you're reminiscing about your relationship and how it all began.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards