Texas-Austin

Dress Shop Reviews

I already raved about Alexia Gavela in my AW post (and said go there now if you did not read it), but did not mention all the other places I have been! I also went to 8 stores in and around Dallas, so if you want any reviews on those too lemme know!The service at Classy Concepts was wonderful. I went up last week after talking to Sue by e-mail, and Janet was there to help me. They have a good selection of dresses in various sizes and Janet was very helpful. Sue def went out of her way to help me with a custom dress question and alterations info. The rental and purchase prices on their dresses are great too - and if you buy your dress there they will 100% guarantee to buy it back from you if you ever want to sell it. Fab!I also hit up Melange on far West here in Austin and thought Elizabeth there was great. Very nice selection of dresses.Unbridaled was a great shop with helpful girls and beautiful, eclectic, dresses. Their off the rack dress selection was great and very inexpensive! I thought Balina was a very nice shop and the ladies were nice enough, but I felt a little rushed there for some reason - I tried on everything I wanted to and had no issues but nothing was superb. I also went to Alfred Angelo in Arbor Walk and David's Bridal in Gateway. Both very nice stores with helpful sales girls.If anybody would like specific info just shoot me an e-mail: trisha _ sumpter at yahoo dot com
~ Trish Finfer
Blog

Re: Dress Shop Reviews

• edited December 2011
     I was going to do a dress shop review post too, so I'll just tack mine on here.  I'm a plus sized girl, so I was kinda nervous to do my dress shopping.  I really shouldn't've, because everyone was great!I went to David's and Alfred Angelo first.  They were both okay dress-wise, and at AA Heather was particularly great.Belle Saison was kinda like a JCPenney from the 90s, and although they were shorthanded due to a maternity leave, the staff were all great.  There were a decent amount of dresses I could zip up here, but they were mostly meh.  I found one Casablanca dress but wasn't sure.Melange was great- the girls were super excited and sweet, and I found a really nice French lace dress that I can't get out of my mind.  Nicole was my salesgirl, and she was very sweet and unassuming and even encouraged me to shop elsewhere in case I find my dream dress at another store. Alexia Gavela was great, as I knew it would be!  Geri went and found that Casablanca dress and dressed it up and it was wonderful.  He made some suggestions for some customization and left me with another dress to choose from!Last stop was Signature Bridal.  Ashley was really nice and patient, letting me prance around in my favorite dress at that shop while my sister tried on dozens of bridesmaids dresses.  I think we'll end up ordering at least our bmaid dresses there.So I now have like four or five favorite dresses and just as many bridesmaid options and just as many people I'd want to give the commission to!  I was really pleased with the dress shopping experience overall and especially at the last three stores.
  • edited December 2011
    My best experience was at Alexia Gavela but I ended up getting my dress at Serendipity because they were the only ones in town who carry Marisa gowns.  I was REALLY turned off by Serendipity's policy of no pictures AND the salespeople insisting on helping you into dresses.  If they changed that, it would have been a perfect experience.Belle Saison was fine with a good selection within a reasonable budget but I was surprised that they didn't have any dress clips!  Melange was super friendly but a lot of their dresses were too expensive.  Beautiful gowns though!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards