Texas-Austin

Sarinda Strings, string quartet from San Marcos VENT

I emailed back and forth with Alejandra from this group for several weeks, about a month ago. She assured me that the date was saved and we even talked about the songs and possibly writing a new one. We sent in the deposit, now we can't get a hold of anyone! I am pissed off because I sent in the deposit and contract and they don't have the decency to get back with me... if they booked another event, fine, but tell me so my fiance's dream of having a string quartet at the wedding doesn't die with Sarinda Strings' poor communication.I am freaking out, obviously.. I am getting married in 22 days.. TWENTY-TWO!!!!!!!FMLIf I don't hear from them by tomorrow I'll be looking through the wedding albums at half price books.

Re: Sarinda Strings, string quartet from San Marcos VENT

• edited December 2011
    Hey Christine, I'm sorry you're having such a tough time getting in touch with them so close to your wedding. Rest assured that in all likelihood, they are still planning to be at your wedding! I had a few communication issues, too, but they did a SUPERB job at my wedding and were there early, and did everything just right. I know it is unnerving to not be able to contact them but stay strong... more than likely it will work out just fine. If you've called/emailed, keep calling and emailing. Eventually they will respond. I know it's not ideal, but for me, it was worth having a few issues on communication because they did such an excellent job when push came to shove on the wedding day. Best of luck!
  • edited December 2011
    checking my ticker
    then.now Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    ok yeah, that's what I thought.  I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I booked them for our wedding like six months ago.  It appears that our weddings are on the same day.  The last time I talked to them was probably two weeks ago when I finalized the music choices.Yours doesn't happen to be a daytime wedding does it?  My ceremony is at 6pm.  
  • edited December 2011
    My wedding is at 2 pm, maybe they thought they could do them both. Where is your wedding? Mine is in Salado, about 40 min North of Austin... I would think 2 weddings in one day like that would be a stretch.I can't believe this.. grrrrr
  • edited December 2011
    Mine's in north austin so I think it would be fairly easy to play at both our cermonies (phew!).  I did send them an e-mail asking for clarification and explaining the situation. 
  • edited December 2011
    I emailed them a while back inquiring about their services and NEVER heard back from them. I decided that I don't want to do business with people who don't want my business... SO SORRY you're having to go through this. If for some reason it falls through, try Anima Strings... an old friend of mine from high school is the manager/first violinist. Her name is Laura. I would probably have them at my wedding, except they're out of town that weekend. I actually wound up with a classical guitarist instead. :P Anyway, here's their website: [url]http://www.anima-strings.com/[/url] Good luck! Hope everything works out!
    Liz & David | 10/23/09
    Planning Bio

• edited December 2011
    does anyone know of a good classical guitarist to play at my wedding?Laury
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Stephen Bright with Cathedral Guitar! The website isn't great, but his samples sound really good, and he came highly recommended by my coordinator. :) [url]<a href="http://www.cathedralguitar.com/Contacts.html" rel='nofollow'>http://www.cathedralguitar.com/Contacts.html</a>[/url]
    Liz & David | 10/23/09
    Planning Bio

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards