California-Los Angeles
Options

Invitation to The President

Did anyone send and inivitation to President Obama and get a note or response of any kind? I'm really curious if we will get any thing before wedding day!!

Re: Invitation to The President

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i have heard from other brides that they get a congratulations letter from Pres. Obama.
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    jstripejstripe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I invited the Obamas to our wedding and didn't get anything in return.  I didn't take it personally as our invites went out just after he took office, and he was likely busy or something.  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh kcliveoutloud I love this idea!! FI would be really happy if we even got a congratulations letter.  I'm going to have to add this to the list of things to do. Thanks
    My Planning Bio - updated 4/19/10
    Our Wedding Teasers
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    243 invited image 170 Said YES image 45 Can't party US image 28 Haven't heard from image Invitations sent out on 4/6/10 - Our RSVP date is 5/15/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FI and I are planning to send an invitation to the Obamas. As others have commented, we heard from his dad that they send a "Congratulations". I think it's a great idea. Hope you get something back! GL!!
  • Options
    meghanerhartmeghanerhart member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI thinks we should leave room on his guest list for him +10 for the secret service ;) My invites havent gone out yet, but he's definately on our list when they do.
  • Options
    nyc_sunshinenyc_sunshine member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did!  Sent it out the first week in July.  Nothing so far...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hmmm. I'm wondering if there really is a note or not. We are so excited to get a little something as a keepsake. We found out that we are getting married on the President and First Lady's wedding anniversary so it would be so awesome to get something!!
  • Options
    Soon2B Mrs.VSoon2B Mrs.V member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Didn't send one to Obama, but we did send one to Mickey and Minnie. We got a really cute "autographed" photo wishing us well. Very cute.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm inviting him and Vice President Biden for good measure. I read in a magazine that they send something. Heck, I gave him plenty of money for almost two years to get the man elected, he better send me a card!
  • Options
    adebord14adebord14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds fun! SoonToB MrsV - what address do you use to invite Mickey and Minnie? 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes, I want to know Mickey & Minnie's address, too!
  • Options
    Soon2B Mrs.VSoon2B Mrs.V member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just searched for it online. Im sorry, I can't remember what it was.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards