Hawaii
Options

Best Beach Reception: Hotels and Resorts

Hello! My name is Danica and I am recently engaged.  I'm currently in DC and trying to plan a DW on Oahu or the Big Island for the fall 2010.  Please give me some help by letting me know what are the best venues that you know for a beach reception for about 100-150 guests.  We are working with about a $20k budget.  Is this enough?  Thank you thank you thank you for any help!!

Re: Best Beach Reception: Hotels and Resorts

• Options
    MrsNFBMrsNFB member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    On the Big Island, the only place that I think you can have a beach reception (i.e. feet in the sand) is the Fairmont Orchid. They have three beach areas. The place were they usually do receptions is called Coconut Grove, it's even got a little stage area (for band or DJ). We got married next door to the Orchid at the Mauna Lani Bay Hotel & Bungalows because we wanted a beach (i.e. feet in the sand) ceremony. Our reception was between the ocean and pool on grass. We liked that the Mauna Lani was a lot more private than the Orchid but the Orchid was my #2 choice.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    congrats on your engagement!  Do you want your reception actually on the beach?  I'm wondering if Kualoa Ranch does that on their Secret Island site... but I'm not sure.If you just meant the ceremony on the beach, I think there are more options.  Lots of girls like Lanikohonua, it has an ocean view and it's outside, but it is on the grass.If you click on the pic in my siggie below that says "hawaii knottie" - it will link you to a bunch of info from girls who got married/getting married in Hawaii.  - their plannng bios often have pics of their venue site.I'm sure others will be able to help you more.  g/l!
  • Options
    destiny1108destiny1108 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Besides Lanikuhonua and Kualoa Ranch, the Moana Surfrider hotel had a lawn right by the ocean.  Not sure what their prices are though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards