New Jersey - South
Options

Bridesmaid Question

Back in the beginning of July I asked my one friend if she and her daughter would consider being a bridesmaid in our wedding.  Not to pressure her, I told her she could have some time to think about it because I knew money was tight for her. I have talked to her a couple of times since then but havent mentioned the wedding because I didnt want her to feel pressured.  Its now August and I still havent heard from her.  I pretty much assume that the answer is no.  My wedding is in January so I have to get a new bridesmaid soon.I plan on asking my cousin to be in my wedding now as her replacement but I need to know how to pretty much tell my friend that I can't wait for her answer anymore.  I need to move on and ask another person. I dont want to ask my cousin until I tell her.   I dont want to seem rude.  I want nicely say that she doesnt have to worry about being a bridesmaid.  Any suggestions. 
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Bridesmaid Question

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Sides don't need to be even. If you want your cousin in your wedding, ask her. If the friend later says she wants to be in it too than let her. She may have assumed she only needed to respond if the answer was No and assuming she's out might put some strain on the friendship. But one way you can find out which way she's leaning is to mention that you want to start looking for bridesmaids dresses and see what she says. If she doesn't comment, ask if she'll be joining you. Also, how old is her daughter? You may want to let her know it's fine if they can only afford for 1 of them to be in the wedding.
    I'm pretty sure it's pronounced your mom's a moron and if you didn't have your name legally changed by the age of 22, so are you. Unless you're from another continent. -Groomz
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards