North Carolina
Options

Save the dates

Question:  Where should I get them from?  I want to do magnets I think so I've looked at magnetstreet and vista print but I was wondering if yall had an other suggestions or thoughts about those two.  Thanks!
Married my best friend 06.23.10 :)image *Photo by Story Photographers*

Re: Save the dates

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We did ours on magnet street. I loved them and they were great quality for a reasonable price.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Magnetstreet - and I LOVE mine. They come with silver lined envelopes to send them out if you don't have other plans for ways to send them out.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to Swoozies (not sure if you have one) and they have all different kinds of paper and I made, printed, and assemblied save the dates on them. I then bought magnets from wal-mart and put them on the back of them. This was actually pretty expensive and a lot of hard work, but it's still a option.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used VistaPrint and did the postcard-sized magnets. I wound up with 100 magnets for about $50, which I think was a great deal. I bought envelopes from paperandmore.com (which are really great quality).I would recommend VistaPrint. The magnets turned out well and I got tons of compliments on them. HTH!
  • Options
    meredithl618meredithl618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I too am using vistaprint for my magnets. I ordered 10 of them for free to see the quality. I think they look great, so I'll be ordering more to send out to everyone!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    for those of you that ordered from VistaPrint and MagentStreet...what was the turn around time from when you ordered and when you received?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good question Amanda, I'm curious too :)
    imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think you can get them pretty fast if you need them fast. I chose to do the slowest method, which said that it would take 3 weeks but came in in 2 weeks. I did this because the shipping was the cheapest. You can always get rush shipping which will have the items at your door in 3 days... but that's expensive. I
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks ladies.. Now ill just have to decide lol! *Meredith*  how did you get 10 for free?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Natalie if you sign up for the emails when you visit Vistaprint.com they will send you email offers every day.  I got a free rubber stamp for FI and my return address. I only had to pay $6.30 shipping or something like that...
    imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oh cool!  im signing up now! thanks :)
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oooh, you need to sign up for the emails! I get TONS of emails with free offers. Each one is slightly different, so you have to read to see which one will save the most. Go to their website to sign up and you'll start getting emails with the offers. Like right now, I'm thinking about using an offer to get 100 postcard-sized magnets for $50. Only issue with vistaprint is that you have to pay to use your own design/image. However, it's only like $3-5 and is a one time fee. (if you wait long enough, you will get an offer for a free upload fee too!)
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    BTW, you can get up to 4 FREE things on one order. So that means you can get stuff knocked out and only pay one shipping and handling fee. I got my photoshare cards for free from them too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks meredith....i probably should actually look at these emails instead of deleting them, lol i just kept deleting them b/c i hadnt gotten my engagement pictures back yet.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    meredith....what are photoshare cards?
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Photoshare cards are just the little cards that people have done to publicize that they have a photosharing site for uploading digital pictures. I'm using shutterfly. Here's what mine say: A picture is worth a thousand words. Please share yours with us! Help us capture any moments that we may have missed! Upload your digital pictures and view pictures that others have shared at our website: http://***.shutterfly.com/ password:**** I got some of the wording from some other knotties that got married this summer. If you want me to email you the pic of my photoshare card design or, if you want to see my STD that works with vistaprint large magnets, just let me know.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    meredith - i would love to see them :) can you email me at midnite007x at aol dot com?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know this is late but...We kind of made our STDs ourselves.  We went to Fedex Kinkos and had the design we wanted printed on plain paper and had them laminate it on one side (they laminate 2 sheets of paper together so when you cut off the edges the 2 papers come off only laminated on 1 side).  We ordered the adhesive magnet sheets from Oriental Trading and cut rectangles from it.  We've had one on our fridge since February and it's still together and staying on the fridge really well.They turned out to be less than $1 each (I think about $0.80) which was less than I could find them for anywhere else.  And they weren't too hard to make in my opinion!All of this is in my planning bio under "details" and it has a link to the magnet sheets from OT.HTH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks everyone for your help!
  • Options
    wlfpkbridewlfpkbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my photoshare cards from vistaprint as well. I got the business cards for some reason. I didn't know where were going to put them and I thought the business cards would be easier to deal with. Now I'm worried that people with not so great vision may not be able to read them very well. Just a thought...I will probably end up re-ordering the post card size.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards