Florida-North Florida
Options

My first meltdown

Well, it happened to me. I had my first wedding meltdown a few hours ago. It was over the entire reception just about. Reception costs, centerpieces, dinnerware, chargers, dj, pretty much you name it.Now I'm not sure how I want to do everything, and I'm back to square one. I feel that all of my ideas are crap and everyone is just nodding their heads and saying "do what you want", when I'm just about begging for guidance. I'm going to bed. Maybe when I wake up I'll feel better and I'll be able to salvage some of my ideas. I'm so over this. Sorry for the pity party.

Re: My first meltdown

• Options
    brittjoy84brittjoy84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh no! I hope you feel better this morning. We will all help you with opinions and ideas.
  • Options
    katiek200katiek200 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dont worry just take a deep breath, everything will work out!
  • Options
    jodipplsjodippls member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I understand how you feel... for reals. I hope you feel better this morning and if you need help... just ask!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Unfortunately this is going to be one of many more to come. Just remember to breath (I also counted to 20 before I talked to anyone when I started to lose it). You're so close and I know that everything seems like it's just too much and it's all on you. Talk to your FI (very calmly) and let him know that you're stressed and you don't feel like you'll be able to make all of the decisions by yourself. Ask him to help you out with a couple of things (be specific) and them let them go off your list. Don't even think about those things again, let your FI take care of it. Trust me, this will save your sanity before the wedding. Good luck and remember to breath and count :)
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    duncanpowersduncanpowers member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ah, yes, welcome to the 2-month Insanity Meltdown Point. Believe me, your ideas are not crap. They just SEEM like crap right now because you're stressed out and hemorrhaging money. Just take it one detail at a time, then leave it. It will turn out just fine. *hugs*
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies. I really appreciate it.I just feel like I am back to square one. I need really inexpensive centerpieces. I have gold chargers, I need a centerpiece that coordinates with the brown, ivory, red and now gold theme. I was thinking of just doing a flat bowl (the squished fish bowl for a lack of better description) w/ brown river rocks and gold jems w/ floating candles. That way the gold is brought into the centerpiece along w/ the brown favor boxes that will be sitting at each place setting. I will have white linens since that's what the reception hall provides so that's why I wanted the chargers to bring more of a "splash of color" to the table instead of just a centerpiece.Still trying to figure out if I am going to have a DJ or not. Mom and I don't see eye to eye on this one. She thinks we can do an Ipod and speakers and I would really like a DJ so I don't have to worry about entrances, special dances and all that jazz. I think 400.00 would be worth it to be worry free in that department.As for the actual plates and such, I don't know what I am going to do. I don't really want plastic but I can't afford to rent china. My reception hall will rent them out to us but we have to wash them when we're done and I REALLY do not want to wash 120 dinner plates/ 120 cake plates and so on and so forth after the wedding.  Any ideas in this department? I've checked into the "reflections and first impression" plastic "real ware" and it will be approx 225.00 but not sure if they will look good. The set I like is the "Masterpiece w/ Gold rim".  This is the 6 inch plate, (cake plate)- the 10 inch looks exactly the same:http://www.webstaurantstore.com/wna-comet-mp61prem-6-ivory-masterpiece-plate-with-gold-accent-bands-15-pk/999MP6I%20%20%20%20%20IV15.htmlSorry about the non-clicky. What do you guys think? Any ideas?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Also- It was more of a "melt down" with myself.  I did not melt down on FI or family. I was just at work talking to my mom on IM and just started bawling like a baby. (I was the only one at work in the entire building at the time so nobody saw, I just felt stupid)
  • Options
    brittjoy84brittjoy84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the centerpiece idea you described. Get a DJ, it is worth it to no have to worry about anything like you said. Don't wash dishes on your wedding night, that's bullshit, get the plates you found, they look nice.
  • Options
    jodipplsjodippls member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Everything that Britt just said. FI and I thought about doing the Ipod reception after our original (free) DJ opted out. We decided that $400 in the scheme of things to be certain everything is done right is worth it. I like the centerpieces you described. It's simple and elegant. DON'T wash dishes on your wedding night. The plates you picked out are fine. They also make those plastic plates that look like clear glass. You can find them at Sam's. Everything is going to come together... you're almost there!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    duncanpowersduncanpowers member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Absolutely agree--get the DJ and the fake plates. DO NOT WASH PLATES. Period.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards