Iowa-Quad Cities

Venue Prices??

We haven't set a date yet, and I haven't had a chance to call around to venues yet. Where did you have your ceremony and reception and how much did it cost?? What did it include?? Were you happy with the venue and was it worth the money??

Re: Venue Prices??

• LoveMyPEguyLoveMyPEguy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had our ceremony and reception at Oakwood Country Club in Coal Valley. It was $500 for the room rental and and additional $250 to have the ceremony there. They set up (including all centerpieces), cleaned up (I did nothing), waitstaff, barstaff, cake cutting, any color linens I wanted and they have centerpiece mirrors (which I didn't use) and glass votives with candles (which I did use) you can use free of charge. The whold place is newly renovated this year and is beautiful! The food was amazing and was very affordable for what we got. The waitstaff was efficient and accomodating. We were extremely pleased after it was all said and done. We couldn't have had a more perfect wedding! It was worth every penny :) I think on average, most places charge about $500 for room rentals. But many have hidden/additional charges like: "additional $7 per head" charge or minimum $$ in food requirements. Just make sure you ask a lot of questions and fully read the contract if one is available. If you have any specific questions, please contact me at baileysbudi at aol dot com. Good luck and happy planning!
  • shambyshamby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having ours at blackhawk state park at the lodge which is 700 for the entire day, but there are extra costs for permits but only 125.  It includes the balcony, reception room and full kitchen.  I think it will be worth every penny but ask me again in november
  • RickeRicke member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our wedding isn't until October, but we have booked St. Anne in East Moline for the ceremony and Stoney Creek Inn in Moline for the reception.  St. Anne is $200 for the church/priest and $100 for the pianist they provided.  (Then of course, the money for the pre-cana classes...)  But, my FI went to school there, so it was kind of a "must." :)  Stoney Creek was a little over $2,000 (but we booked it in late 2007, so I guess it may have changed since then).  That includes a "suite" room for bride/groom on wedding night (and I think they gave us a room at half price for me a night or two before - better double check that!)... includes all tables, chairs, linens... includes the bartenders/servers (actually I don't know if they come with the hall or the caterer, but either way they're there)... and the set up, which I think is worth its weight in gold.  We're supposed to go see the coordinator a day or two before and set up 1 table with her and they'll do the rest.So far, I've been happy with both... but as pp said, ask me again after the wedding! :)
  • edited December 2011
    We, too, are having ours at BlackHawk Lodge.  It is $700 for the day.  We rented chairs to put outside in the courtyard where the ceremony is.  There is a $150 deposit that you can get back if you clean up but we chose to let them keep it and not clean up and they stated that most couples choose that route.  They have been wonderfully easy to work with.  You do have to buy insurance to have alcohol but it was only $50.  The thing that I really like about it is the flexibility.  I know a friend had hers there and she hired Hy-Vee to cater, flowers and bartend.  They set up everything for her and she got a discount because she used 3 of their services.  We are using all separate vendors and our whole wedding is going to cost around $2000. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards