Military Brides

Dress Blues

My fiancee is an officer in the army and wants to wear his uniform for our wedding, even though it isn't going to be a military wedding. I think that is great, but I am not sure what the other groomsmen should wear since none of them are military. His uniform is his dress blues, so I think it would be weird for the other guys to wear tuxes. I haven't been to a military wedding, so I'm not sure what other people have done. Would blue suits be weird? Or should I do a totally different color, like brown? Suggestions please! Thanks!!xoxo
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Dress Blues

• hegrigsbyhegrigsby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think it would be weird to have the GM wear tuxes next to dress blues. However, if you're not a fan of that, my vote would be for brown or gray suits.
  • aprilrose975aprilrose975 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FI is wearing his dress blues. The GM's are wearing dark colored suits.  Tuxes would be fine too we just did not want the guys to have to rent them so they are just wearing suits. 
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you do suits I would have them wear black or grey.  
  • edited December 2011
    MY FI is wearing his blues too. I believe the groomsman is either wearing a tux or a black suit *aprilrose...we have the same wedding date :)
  • edited December 2011
    I have pics in my bio of my wedding. My Dh is in the USMC, but all of his GMs were in black tuxes. I think it looked good. The Blues and the tuxes won't look wierd together. I think you should stick a black or gray tux.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Matilda-- Date twins.  Sweet!!!!  
  • edited December 2011
    April - You wouldn't happen to be getting married in Vegas that day would you? Because that would be weird haha
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    matilda-No we are getting married in St Louis.  I actually wanted to get married in Vegas though.  FI said no.  He has never been to vegas, and has all these misconceptions about the place.  I think he was afraid the officiant would be an elvis impersonator or something.  :) 
  • edited December 2011
    LOL that's really funny. We're having nothing Elvis-y to do with the wedding.
  • edited December 2011
    My Fiance is wearing his dress blues and his best man is also army and wearing his but his other groomsmen are wearing tuxes i dont think it would be weird bc the dree blues are eqivilent to black or white tie attire. we also listed on our website that we invite guest who are military to wear their service dress uniform as well.
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with most of PPs.  Dress blues are the military equivalent to a tux, and at a formal event in which dress blues are required and civilian men are in attendance it would normally be a formal (black or dark suit) or black-tie affair.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    my DF is wearing his air force dress blues....a BRIGHT blue. my girls dresses are brown and pink. the guys are wearing black tuxes with blue vests and ties that are a very similar color to his blues...it looks fantastic. my younger sister brought her dress when my brother got fitted for his tux. i loved it. and my daddy is wearing his navy dress whites!
  • rdlclarkrdlclark member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As I love to say, NOTHING can clash with a man in uniform! 
  • tash_rntash_rn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My whole family is military and we've always had the groom in his dress blues, grooms men in the service in their Class A's (Green Dress Uniform) and anyone else in black tuxes, it looks nice.  My Fiancee is army and we'll be doing that for our wedding
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • laurakaz13laurakaz13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had AF, Navy and Marine Corps officers in uniform at our wedding, including my DH.  We also had a best man and our fathers in black tuxes.  EVERYONE looked fantastic!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • kh92587kh92587 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello,  I just got engaged to My Marine on the 17th so now it is time to plan the wedding. We are planning on having a small church wedding in NY( where I live) in February and then having our big wedding in August 2010 in Minnesota (where Aaron is from). Any ideas, tips, anyone that just wants to talk... I am here and quite lonely. He just went back to North Carolina today after being on leave for 15 days. Katie
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards