November 2012 Weddings

Chit chat - father/daughter song

I am still trying to find a father daughter song that is not depressing/poke your eyes out.  Basically trying to avoid a cry fest, but I'd still like it to be a nice song.  I cry at most songs, its ridiculous. 

What is everybody going with?
BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image
My BFP Chart
|| Ovulation Calendar image #1 BFP May 24/2012 - EDD Jan 21/2013 - M/C May 31/2012 #2 BFP Feb 5/2013 - EDD Oct 16/2013

Re: Chit chat - father/daughter song

• Have you asked your dad for his input?

We're dancing to "Something About the Way You Look Tonight" by Elton John.  My dad chose it.
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • we are dancing to Blessed by Elton John, my dad also picked.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yeah I did ask him.  He isn't particular, he said "whatever you pick is fine, I'll figure out how to dance to it".  Which is of no help, lol. 
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image
    My BFP Chart
    || Ovulation Calendar image #1 BFP May 24/2012 - EDD Jan 21/2013 - M/C May 31/2012 #2 BFP Feb 5/2013 - EDD Oct 16/2013
  • We are dancing to Heartland "I Loved her first'. I really don't like country music but this song is just amazing! My dad loves it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The song by Heartland I really like but I can't get through half of it on the radio without crying ;)  I think we're going with "somewhere over the rainbow" or "its a wonderful life" by the Hawaiian singer, can't spell his name but goes by Iz ;) Isreal SomethinglongthatstartswithaK ;) I had put the thought in his head for feedback but didn't really get any.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We are dancing to "My Little Girl" by Tim McGraw. I've also made a surprise slideshow of me as a little girl that will play while we "dance". He's not a dancer, so then he can just sway as we watch the slideshow. 
    imageNovember Board Siggy - The Venue!
    Photobucket
    The Great Hall at Sunriver Resort, Sunriver, Oregon
    243 Invited image
    172 Can't wait image
    71 Are missing out image

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2012-weddings_chit-chat-fatherdaughter-song?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:46c2f53c-680c-4532-aa96-4cca92890b59Discussion:24a087f0-7900-4b4e-a74b-ac0506140ffaPost:76bf632f-e3b0-4c7d-908c-2014857e7db0">Chit chat - father/daughter song</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am still trying to find a father daughter song that is not depressing/poke your eyes out.  Basically trying to avoid a cry fest, but I'd still like it to be a nice song.  I cry at most songs, its ridiculous.  What is everybody going with?
    Posted by Miss_2010[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Unfortunately, my dad has passed..so my brother and I are Dance with My Father Again. It will be a cry fest and I warned them they will have to mop the floor afterwards.

</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I thought about doing "Best Day" by Taylor Swift, but we decided on "Yellow" by Coldplay. It's one of my favorite songs of all time, and my dad said he was happy with what I wanted :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    November 2012 October Siggy - The Venue!
    imageVilla
  • I Loved Her First is ours
  • nat king cole and natalie cole unforgettable, we came up with it together! And my dad is not a big mushy guy and I have a feeling there will be water works!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2012-weddings_chit-chat-fatherdaughter-song?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:46c2f53c-680c-4532-aa96-4cca92890b59Discussion:24a087f0-7900-4b4e-a74b-ac0506140ffaPost:2f3421dc-be4f-4d72-8e83-eb8b0bc55f86">Re: Chit chat - father/daughter song</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah I did ask him.  He isn't particular, he said "whatever you pick is fine, I'll figure out how to dance to it".  Which is of no help, lol. 
    Posted by Miss_2010[/QUOTE]

I completely expected that response from my father, but he totally surprised me by giving me a list of 7 songs!  We ended up picking I Hope You Dance, but a version sung by Celtic artist Ronan Keating

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbJruWd6bmU" rel="nofollow">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbJruWd6bmU</a>
    We Do - Since November 3, 2012
  • Our song for the father/daughter dance was the frst thing I picked out before FI and I seriously started planning for our wedding. My dad doesn't know the song because it's a surprise for him and I wanted to dedicate to him something special and the lyrics to the song fit him so perfectly. It's a Spanish song.
  • Originally we were going to dance to Stevie Wonders "isn't she lovely" He used to sing it to me when I was a little girl.  He recently had knee surgery so he isn't moving too fast...He heard Heartlands "I loved her first" and he called me up singing it to me haha .So that is what we are going with...although I am hoping for a miracle so we can dance to Stevies song 
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2012-weddings_chit-chat-fatherdaughter-song?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:46c2f53c-680c-4532-aa96-4cca92890b59Discussion:24a087f0-7900-4b4e-a74b-ac0506140ffaPost:ec8fb1dc-8f81-45a2-bc3b-612e2f53e9db">Re: Chit chat - father/daughter song</a>:
    [QUOTE]Originally we were going to dance to Stevie Wonders "isn't she lovely" He used to sing it to me when I was a little girl.  He recently had knee surgery so he isn't moving too fast...He heard Heartlands "I loved her first" and he called me up singing it to me haha .So that is what we are going with...although I am hoping for a miracle so we can dance to Stevies song 
    Posted by KMck27[/QUOTE]

<div>Heartland is what my dad and sister danced to last year. Lots of tears!</div>
    imageNovember Board Siggy - The Venue!
    Photobucket
    The Great Hall at Sunriver Resort, Sunriver, Oregon
    243 Invited image
    172 Can't wait image
    71 Are missing out image

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards