Hawaii
Options

Attire Question

Im just starting to think about attire for the guys in the wedding party. I dont think I want them to wear tuxes, so Im thinking pants and a linen shirt. What is everyone doing if they are not doing tuxes? I've seen alot of khaki's and white linen shirts, but I want to set apart my FI from the other guys, would a different lei be enough, or do you think its a good idea to dress the GM in a different color shirt? My colors are aqua and pink, so they would be wearing aqua shirts, but would it look weird if they aqua on their shirts doesn't quite match my BM dresses? Also, my grandma said black pants with linen shirts? Would that look to close to tux-like? I havent seen much pictures with just white shirts and black pants, hmm. I dont know! TIA!
AliBlu | 6.8.2011 | My Bio-Updated 3/3
Visit Maui.Weddings.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Attire Question

• Options
    carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My cousin wore a white linen shirt and white linen pants. You could do that, and put the GM in a colored shirt and white or khaki pants to distinguish. I think FI will wear a tan jacket and slacks, and GM will wear white short-sleeve button-up shirt and slacks. They want to wear shorts, but I draw the line. They should be happy I'm not putting them in a tux or suit. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think that works - but that's probably because we went the non-matchy route. We got our guys' stuff from Island Importer.
  • Options
    aliblualiblu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I saw your picture earlier Kaesha and I liked they way your outfits look! your colors of the shirts were what mine are going to look like, i think it looks great!
    AliBlu | 6.8.2011 | My Bio-Updated 3/3
    Visit Maui.Weddings.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    DH wore a white linen suit.  The GM wore white pants with a nice hawaiian shirt.. we wanted to keep things on the slightly more casual side. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    my groom wore a nice linen suit from jcrew with linen white shirt also from jcrew.. surprisingly he had the whole outfit on the whole event, he thought he'd need to remove the jacket but he said he felt okay with it on! then the GMs wore a white button up and khaki pants, both from Express.
    KatluvsJohn
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My colors are Purple and Turquoise, so they are close to yours and for ours, the GM's are wearing a Turquoise Guayabara (traditional hawaiian wedding shirt) and Linen Khaki pants, the whole outfit is from Mycubanstore.com, their prices are unbeatable, and I can even give you a code for 5% off. I got all my GM pants for like $34 ea. and they are irish linen!!! For my FI he is wearing the same Linen pants and a white shirt! My GM and BM's don't match the girls are wearing purple and the GM turquoise, so I could get both colors in, I think it will look great! Just let me know if you want the code!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're doing cream linen suit for FI and cream linen pants with Fushia Aloha shirt for the BM and Ring Bearer.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards