Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Help With a Wedding Photographer near madison, Wi

I'm getting married in April of 2010 and am having a hard time finding a photographer. I am looking for one that will sign over the rights of the Hi-Res CD. My fiance and I don't need all those proofs that they give us. Those picture will probably just end up in the closet never to be seen again, except for maybe 1-2 times a year, if that. I live near madison, WI. We are doing our wedding on a budget and can't afford to spend thousands of dollars. HELP

Re: Help With a Wedding Photographer near madison, Wi

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You should ask on your local board for photographer recs. Many will also negotiate on prices and photo packages if you ask.As for the rights, ask the photog. Some will sign over some rights and some will sign over all. All will require a fee regardless of what rights are signed over. If the photog signs over some rights, be sure to be very clear on what rights you will get, sometimes the "some" is all your are really asking for anyway and the rest will allow the photog to use your wedding pictures in their professional portfolios and advertising material. You may also want to ask not about a "hi-res CD" but for the "digital negatives" and how that will effect the editing of photos if any.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards