Chit Chat
Options

Wedding Budget Tool

I am using the budget tool to get an idea of where I should be using money and what my limitations should be. I'm having some difficulties though; I was wondering if someone could help me. I took off a few of the items that the knot has listed by default because I a) got it for free or b) won't be using it. However, when I do this it doesn't recalculate where the money allocated for those items should be used now. Is that even something that this tool can do?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

June 2011 Siggy Challenge: Flower Inspiration
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Planning Bio 6.15.10

Re: Wedding Budget Tool

• Options
    The knot tracker is kinda crappy, I used [url]www.weddingwire.com[/url] and it re-calculates. I think the knot budgeter is better suited for payments and that's about it.
  • Options
    Ditto www.weddingwire.com Its more user friendly and has great tools.
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I didn't like the Knot Budgeter either. I found I had the same problems as well, it was difficult to figure out and didn't recalculate my budget after I deleted several items (no band/DJ since we're doing this ourselves, for example). I am currently exploring other options, too.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Options
    I started using the Knot budget tool just to get an idea, but like you I couldn't delete stuff I didn't need, so I took what The Knot gave me and entered it into excel and went from there.  I think I still have it if you are interested; if so just email me at gotarheels05 at gmail dot com. 
  • Options
    Ah, thanks guys that's really helpful. I will check out weddingwire.com. goheels05-thank you for the offer. I will try wedding wire and if it doesn't work out I will hit you up. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

June 2011 Siggy Challenge: Flower Inspiration
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Planning Bio 6.15.10
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards