Colorado-Denver

Parent's Dance Song?

We've decided to do a parent's dance for our parents since both of them did not have a first dance at their weddings.My parents have been married since 1973, and his since 1979. So ideally a song from the 60's or 70's.Any ideas? So far I've come up with:We’ve got tonight: Bob Segar Righteous Brothers - Unchained Melody You’ve lost that lovin feelin’ – Righteous Brothers I’m still in love with you – Al Green Your song – Elton John You are the first, my last, my everything – Barry White  

Re: Parent's Dance Song?

• edited December 2011
    "At Last" Etta James"Something" Beatles"Maybe I'm Amazed" Wings"Dance with Me" Oreans"Never My Love" The Association"Best of My Love" Eages"Baby, I Love Your Way" Peter Frampton"When a Man Loves a Woman" Percy SledgeI could go on forever, but these are classics!
  • HBookmanHBookman member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's such a sweet idea, how neat! The only idea I have that hasn't been mentioned is "Thank You" by Led Zeppelin (was our last song of the night), but it wouldn't work if your parents aren't into that kind of classic rock. I also love "Your Song" by Elton John, it's one of my favs!Just a side note, but isn't "You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin" kind of sending the wrong message? :)
  • edited December 2011
    First Time Ever I Saw Your Face.... made famous by Roberta Flack but has been covered by so many others... Such beautiful, poignant lyrics, especially for love that has lasted so long...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards