Wedding Party

Can I have a Maid of Honor & a Matron of Honor?

I have 4 people for my bridesmaids. But only 2 that I would consider for MOH. My sister (who's 17 and of course not married) and my best friend who got married a year ago. My Sister is the only one who could be a 'maid' of honor but I'm still unsure on whether to have my sister or my friend as MOH. I was just wondering if any one has had a Maid and Matron of honor?

Re: Can I have a Maid of Honor & a Matron of Honor?

• Sure, you can have two.
  • From reading this board, people seem to do it all the time.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • It's your wedding party.  What exactly do you think will happen if you have a maid of honor AND a matron of honor?You'll still be married at the end of the ceremony.  The wedding police won't invalidate the ceremony.If you want both, have both.  If you don't want any honor attendant, don't have any.Just please don't choose an honor attendant based on who can "do more" for you.  Choose them because they are closest to you.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Sure, I was in a wedding where they had two.
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • I'm having both. I have no sisters, but I have two best friends who have been there for me through everything for as long as I can remember. They've both been very supportive of my relationship with my FI, and there was no way I was going to choose between them. One is married, so she is my Matron and the other is my maid. When I've told people I am having two, I've received some strange reactions, but it's our wedding & that's how we want to do it! :)
  • My best friend is having both. I'll be her maid of honor, and her sister her matron. Lots of people have two these days, and I've been to weddings where guys have more than one best man as well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm doing both. No hurt feelings there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards