Virginia

Catering help please

I am looking for a caterer now and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on a budget friendly caterer. I am expecting about 90-100 guests and kind of want to stay within the 1000 dollar price range.Oh, also my reception will be at the yorktown freight shed...Thanks :D

Re: Catering help please

• SSM&JLMSSM&JLM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's only about $10pp.  Are you just doing apps?  Do you have a particular cuisine you want?Second Street in Williamsburg does catering, not sure on pricing.  There's Your Perfect Party (I think that is the name) on Rt. 17 near the Starbucks.
  • edited December 2011
    Emily DeLong does great cakes and catering.
  • edited December 2011
    Well I guess we are really looking more at a 1000-1500 dollar range...Fiance really wants a full dinner (either sit down or buffet). But I'm trying to keep everything cheap.
  • edited December 2011
    Unless you know someone it will be impossible to have an event catered for $1000, trust me my budget for food is not high either, but I called nearly every caterer in hampton roads, and even if you do appetizers the cost comes out to almost the same as a buffet dinner, because most caterers usually price per piece, like if you have chicken wings it's like $1.00 a wing. If you have a pollard's chicken or a farm fresh near you, that may be your best bet, you can get a decent buffet dinner from pollard's for around that much, but that does not include service, or chaffeurs, or anything of that nature.
  • edited December 2011
    If you don't mind going with BBQ (I'm not sure how formal your reception is going to be), then Brock's BBQ in Chester offers catering that starts around $10pp.  I know they travel if you need them to! http://www.brocksbbq.com/
  • edited December 2011
    What all are you looking to get within your budget? Just the food, or delivery/setup/service/dinnerware rental/cleanup? For around $10 per head, your best bet will be something like the PP suggested, a local BBQ restaurant where you can pick it up yourself & serve it buffet-style maybe? I'd suggest checking out a few chains too, though I'm pretty sure places like Carraba's start around $10 pp plus tax on their smallest packages.Also, if you opt to go w/ a full-service caterer, remember to assume that 20-25% of your catering budget will go towards taxes, gratuity, &/or service charges (9-11.5% prepared food tax on the peninsula, 18-20% is typical for a caterer's service charge on top of the price per head unless the quotes you get specifically say all-inclusive).
  • edited December 2011
    I have a friend that does catering.  She is doing ours and I'm having a sit down dinner for 80 @ $8 a head!!! The business name is Uniquely Elegant and the e-mail is: uniquely_elegant@msn.com   I would give you her # but her phone is broken.  Hope this helps!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the advice guys. Since we budgeted too small for what he really wants, can anyone suggest what kind of budget would be reasonable for 90-100 guests sit down, semi formal. Like grilled chicken and maybe beef or something?I'm really clueless and appreciate all the advice!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards