Chit Chat

fight with mother...

So 2 days ago I got into a fight with my mother and she told me never to ask her for another dime or come to her house again. She is paying for half of my wedding(or was) and now I just dont know if she was mad and just saying stuff or if she is serious. We have never had a fight like this, we're like best friends and I tell her everything.it breaks my heart...my fi says that i should just apologize even if i havent done anything wrong and just have her back in my life. I'm just at a lose

Re: fight with mother...

• What was the fight about?I think you should just say sorry. You may feel in the right now but that may not be the case....I had the same situation w/ my mom way back when and I was in the wrong BIG time.
  • Whatever the fight was about, is it really that important to lose your relationship with your mom over? I sure hope not. Be the bigger person and apologize. I would hate to think that this tiff is the reason why you can't talk to your mom anymore.
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • Your FI is right.
  • What was the fight about?I would think about what was said or done, and figure out what part you were wrong about.  There's always something you're wrong about in every fight.  Then go an apologize for that stuff, and calmly explain whatever your reasons were that lead to the fight.  If you start the reconcilliation process, she'll probably do her part.Swallowing your pride isn't easy, but is it worth losing your mother for?
  • Way too many unknowns here to give you reasonable advice. Are the 2 of you normally close and this is way out of the norm for you? Was she having a mobzilla moment/were you having a bridezilla moment? If you have always been close and this is way out of the norm, get calm and go talk to her.  Some girls on this board truly have toxic mothers and need to keep their distance from them. Since you seem pretty devastated, I'm guessing you guys are pretty close? Please come back and tell us more about what happened.  sometimes you have to be the one to apologize and sometimes you have to be the one to set a boundary.  Can't tell from the info you have provided.
  • You should apologize and try to mend things with your mother. Your wedding is just as important to your mommy as it is to you.This happened to my mother more than twenty years ago to her wedding to my father. My grandmother (father's mother) was going to cancel the wedding because my mother's mother received a better mothers' day gift than her (yes, it was caused by something that minor). My father then decided to trump my grandmother by talking to my great grandfather (my grandma's father). Supposedly he talked some since into my grandma's head and the wedding was back on. Perhaps if this fight between you and your mother is very serious you may want to drag a third party member into this, be it one of your grandparents or a loved one that your mother respects or will listen to.
  • Its not important for us to know what the fight was about. Sometimes things can get tense so see if you can go out for coffee and work through what ever happened between the two of you. This is your mom, life is way to short to hold grudges. I hope that you both can get over this and move on.
  • 1. Depends on what the fight issue is2. Why not apologize that you are sorry that the two of you are fighting .
  • I really wish the OP would get back to us....this is bugging me because of what happened w/ my mom. I hope it works out...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards