Florida-West Coast
Options

Sanibel or Captiva Island Beach Ceremony w/o Hotel

Hi Everyone!  I'm sorry if this may have been answered, I've been searching through this entire board and couldn't find my answer.  I know there are a lot of resorts on Captiva and Sanibel Island for beach weddings.  Does anyone know of packages for Beach Weddings not at a resort, or worked with a company that handles beach ceremonies?  Basically we want to have a simple beach ceremony, and then take our guests out to a nice dinner.  I wasn't sure if the beaches of Sanibel and Captiva had areas where you can simply apply for a permit to hold your beach ceremony.  Thanks so much!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Sanibel or Captiva Island Beach Ceremony w/o Hotel

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know the answer to this, I have been to a very small (about 15 people) beach ceremony on Sanibel at Lighthouse beach which was very early in the morning at like 8am.  I don't think they got a permit but I could be wrong.... try contacting the visitors center 
    www.sanibel-captiva.org 
  • Options
    m1leanm1lean member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try this web site.

Patricia Slater's Weddings by the Sea
    P.O. Box 672
    Sanibel Island, Florida 33957

(239) 472-8712 (Voice)
    (239) 472-1889 (FAX)

E-Mail: PSWeddings@embarqmail.com

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Hey emstypes05-
    I'm doing exactly that in about 6 weeks. What I've found is that if you don't book one of the wedding packages at a hotel they are not likely to work with you. It's been frustrating, but we found a solution.

Here's what we're doing. Me and the future Mr. and our close friends are booked at the Captiva Island Inn. His family and a few others are booked at Sanibel Inn. There's a public beach down the street from the Inn where we are staying. We are planing to walk down there for the ceremony and then head to Thistle Lodge for dinner. The restuarant has a private room.

You could hire a wedding coordinator but I felt it was too expensive since we don't need chairs or an officiant (our friends got ordained online). We used the money we would have had to pay a coordinator to charter a boat the night before the wedding for a sunset/dophin cruise, to rent a trolley to transport guests to the beach and the restaurant, and also to take our close friends kayaking. Plus we're also from miles away (Columbus, Ohio).

If you have questions feel free to email me. Good luck!
    -Alicia
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards