Maryland-Baltimore
Options

*ajerome21*

Not sure if you re-read the post, but a lot of people on the board all go with the same people as each other.  While I do think a lot of the photographers the other ladies used and mentioned are brilliant and display beautiful pictures, I also think that Perskie does a nice job.  Another nice thing is that it's been around for like a hundred years or something crazy.  Jay Perskie is a very nice man who did our engagement pictures and even made my FI smile showing his teeth~~NEVER happens.  We are having our wedding shot by Perskie and have had a very pleasant experience with them so far.  You should go and check their studio out.  I have seen a wedding they shot at Pier 5 (I think that's where you are having your reception) and the pictures turned out nice.  As someone said, they have peppered the board with ways to improve their image, but I haven't seen one and as for the fake brides, I am sure that other photographers that they are using may have done that too.  Just my opinion from someone using them and like what they have done so far.  I am sorry this was so long, but I feel that if REAL brides gave good reviews and go outside of the box as everyone else, more photographers would be better represented. 
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: *ajerome21*

• Options
    ajerome21ajerome21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you, I appreciate your time and opinion. Thanks.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There are plenty of REAL brides on here, dear, and they all speak up for their favorite photographers quite regularly.  There's a reason the ones who are mentioned often ARE mentioned often... because they consistently deliver incredible work and don't resort to underhanded advertising tactics to further their business.  I've met a slew of the women from this board, or am friends with them on Facebook, and know damn well that they're real and such, so are their reviews.We're good at picking out the fake reviews, and the only photographer who repeatedly sends fake brides this way is Perskie.  That's not an opinion - it's a fact.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ::hugs, Danikins:: ;)tmm, I'm so happy to hear that you have had a good experience with Perskie.  It's just hard to be on this board for any length of time and not have a funny feeling about the flyby "brides" who have good experiences with them.  I got a good giggle out of the idea of Jen Lowe having to come on here to rave about herself, though.  Thanks for that. ;)
    lovelylittleworld
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP#2 1/12/12 ~ Missed M/C 8w2d
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I never said Jen Lowe or pointed out others, I am glad you got a giggle out of that.   But I too have been posting on this board for over a year, not as into it as you ladies because I can't due to blockages at work.  I am sure the PP have been on here longer and have seen more posts then me.  I just made the comment because I do try to get on as much as possible and make comments and posts and such and have notice other posts that do seem fishy with pushing there services, but Perskie has never been one of them.  I even went back through all the pages to look and didn't see Perskie mentioned once until now.  I have even seen posts from people never on the board saying "look at these pics" and no one complains and comments nicely.  I wanted to let the poster of the original post that because they are reasonably priced.  I looked into the "norm" photogaphers and they all seem way more expensive.  Just posting my thoughts about MY photographer and the positive experience I have had so far.  I can understand the opinions of others and if I had heard negative things i too would be like no way, but things shouldn't be judged based on things like posting on a board, no matter how annoying it is, and YES I do think it is!  I wouldn't want them to have negativity about a photographer she was interested in getting.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am glad that you had a great experience, and your review is just as valid as anyone else's on here, no matter who the vendor is.There have been fake-bride-Perskie-Posts, but they're swiftly removed.  I don't recall another fake-bride-Photographer X-Post, which doesn't mean they don't exist, but Perskie has been a repeat offender to the point of them having a reputation.  It's not like a band of got together and decided to bad mouth them.Yes, by all means, counter this information with your good experience.  It IS valuable and I'm in no way suggesting that your review is false in any way... but the information the rest of us throwing out there isn't, either. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I totally respect everyone's responses. I have taken a lot from the Baltimore knotties and like to hear everyone's opinion.  Especially your's FIA because out of everyone you seem to be the most blunt about things.  Why sugar coat it right??  I wasn't directing the post toward anyone, I just thought that newer girls should experience it for themselves and in the end if it does stink, then they can rant about it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If the newer crop of brides had to just sit around and experience things for themselves, vendor reviews would be useless and there'd be no reason for the old married ladies to chime in with their experiences.I wasn't taking anything personally - my photographer sucked, so I couldn't possibly be a fake reviewer for someone else.  My point was merely that yes, your review and opinion of Perskie are valid (and I am glad to hear that you had a good one), but so are the reviews and opinions of others.  That's all. I hope that ajerome picks the photographer that's right for her, regardless of who that may be.
  • Options
    ajerome21ajerome21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FieryIrishAngel - Who was your photographer? Tmm140 - Where are you getting married, if you dont mind me asking?  I noticed that Perskie does a lot of weddings at our venue, Pier 5. I really like Brian Ray Studios.  J Lowe - good but I didn't fall in love with her pics.  Just my opinion. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My photographer's from Florida, so no need to worry you'll come across him in your searching!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards