Maryland-Baltimore
Options

weird moment -question

Have you had a moment like this or is my mom crazy? Way before I bought my dress my mom gave me a pearl clutch for my wedding. It does not match and I know my mom loves the clutch. I called her and said since I will be moving I am going through stuff I will mail her the pearl clutch because it does not match me dress (which she agreed). She said she will keep her eye out for a clutch that matches my dress I told her no worries  the more  I think about it why do I need a purse on my wedding day?  Where will I put it? I told her I will give my drivers likens and Medical card (you never know) to my FI to put in his wallet. I do not want my cell and my FI will have his. My mom agreed then she said you can give me anything else that will be in your purse. I said I will  not need anything else and it will probably be more of a pain to have her hold stuff because we are getting dress separately and going to two different places after the reception. She went crazy saying I do not need her for anything, why can’t I go to her for help, what’s the point in her coming to my wedding since I have my FI?  It would have been funny if it were a seen in a movie. Tell me anything please.

Re: weird moment -question

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I didn't have this issue with my mom, but it just sounds like maybe your mom is starting to realize that you are really grown up and that your soon-to-be DH is who you're going to be relying on first. It's not to say that you don't need your mom anymore, but you know. Maybe you could find a task for her? Something so she'll feel useful?

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w -- BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w -- BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d -- BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    BabyFruit Ticker

Decorate This
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You are right also my mom is a pain she complains that she wants a "job" then complains about the "job". Honslty it was so funny ho wshe wet crazy then went back to normal.  Maybe it is the stress of eveything . Though i do not live in the same state as her i am moving and i am starting to consult my FI for stuff  and i never did that before.
  • Options
    budgetmamabudgetmama member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Mama responding and SK hit it right on the head! I had a few momzilla moments leading up the wedding until my DH pulled me back and said "WTF are you doing? Listen to yourself" Ask her to stash a few tissues in her purse. Pin her corsage on her. When you're walking down the aisle, take your eyes off your FI for one second, look at your mom and wink, blow a kiss, anything. My DD winked at me and it made me feel special. Wow....that sounds really sappy. Or you can tell her what my DH told me "WTF are you doing? Listen to yourself"
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I totally understand.  I could imagine something similar happening with my mom too.  I'd suggest that you listen to what she is saying and address that.  She doesn't feel "needed."  So come up with something for her to do or be in charge of.  For instance, let her buy you the clutch that matches your dress.  It doesn't affect your life at all.  You will hand it to your mom to be in charge of for the night.  You can put your lipstick in it or something so you won't have to keep it safe.  I know you don't need a purse, but your mom needs to be needed.  I think we forget how hard it is for them to watch us grow up sometimes. 
    Dr. Googs is married to Mr. Pelvis. Happily ever after!
  • Options
    mmattoonmmattoon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My mom is not like this AT ALL but I can see myself acting like this when it's my daughter :) I'm sure she just wants to be reassured that you still need her and she's not losing a daughter but gaining a SIL.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    you all are right it just came out of nowhere so i was not prepared
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards