Missouri-Kansas City

Oakwood Country Club

I just was wondering if anyone on here has any information on Oakwood Country Club. Any reviews or opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Oakwood Country Club

• edited December 2011
    Both my mother and grandmother were married there. The central ballroom area is beautiful (super high, vaulted ceilings, nice large windows, etc). I haven't eaten there in years, but they had some things on the menu that were very good. I think you can also use their space as combined indoor/outdoor depending on the time of year. Definitely worth checking out.
  • kissumkissum member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My cousin was married there on Saturday! They had the ceremony outside, and the reception in the ball room. It's a beautiful venue. However, during the ceremony I couldn't hear a thing due to the waterfall (I don't know if the country club did the sound, though) and they ran over an hour behind for dinner. The food was good, once we finally got it. I'd be wary of how far they were running behind, if it were me.
  • hbolterhbolter member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FI and I visited Oakwood when we were shopping for venues. It really came down to them and the one we ended up choosing. The only issues we had was the pricing was a little high for our budget and it was a little hard to find. It was my dream venue but was a little out of reach. The place is absolutely gorgeous. If you have the budget for it, I would think it would be an absoultely wonderful setting for your wedding!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards