Chit Chat

Cover Letter

You guys were so awesome when I asked about job stuff earlier, I thought I would try again.So I am going to apply to the job that I am interested in at the nearby univeristy....I want to attach a cover letter, and I was wondering...in it should I mention why I am leaving? Refresher-I have only been at the job I am currently in for 3 months, but it is such a bad situation that I don't feel I can stay. Should I mention anything like this, or leave it out entirely?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Cover Letter

• Leave it out entirely. It's too open to interpretation if you put it in your cover letter.
  • What if I put something "generic" in there-M y fiancé and I recently relocated to the --- area. I have been at ----- College Upward Bound since June and,  while I have enjoyed working with the students and have learned a lot from them, I feel that the office situation I am in is not a good fit. I was unsure if I should start looking for another position when I saw the Assistant Director of Student Activities position open at ---. This position sounds fantastic and I decided I could not let it pass me by. Would this be okay, or should I  literally leave it out entirely? I am slightly afraid that if I don't mention something about the shortness of my tenure where I am at, my app won't even get past the HR department...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • M y fiancé and I recently relocated to the --- area. I have been at ----- College Upward Bound since June and, while I have enjoyed working with the students and have learned a lot from them, I feel that the office situation I am in is not a good fit. I was unsure if I should start looking for another position when I saw the Assistant Director of Student Activities position open at ---. This position sounds fantastic and I decided I could not let it pass me byYou just need to leave it out. I understand the tenure concern, but it's just not necessary. It draws attention to the fact that you've been there a short time. Play up your experience and what skills you have. Focus on the positive. Cover letters should never have a negative tone. Do you have any connections at the school?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards