Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Work = invites= anxiety

How did you choose the people you invited from work?  I am currently involved in two different departments.  I am inviting all of the people that I am close friends with, but what about some of the others?  How did you guys go about your work invites?

Re: Work = invites= anxiety

• Options
    Ugh, I'm having SUCH a hard time with this! I think I'll invite the people who I hang out with outside of work.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Here's my thought on all office invites:Miss Manners has an answer on this. A wedding is a personal event, meant only for family and for close personal friends with whom you socialize. If you stick to that definition you will save yourself a world of hurt.Somewhere along the way someone decreed that it was rude not to invite your boss. They decided this had something to do with etiquette. This person was smoking crack. See above. Close personal friends. Inviting your boss for "political reasons" or inviting anyone for professional gain to your very personal moment is vulgar. (And why would one want their boss there if you are not close with him/her.) If your boss is a friend, that's a different story.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards